Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pork Barrel in the News

Re: Pork Barrel in the News

It was proclaimed awhile back on here that Hitler was a Christian.
    I wonder if the 9/11 terrorists were muslim. Do you know GAC?

Many representative bodies, here and abroad, including the U.S. House of Representatives, do not allow for filibusters such as are at issue in the U.S. Senate.
    Maybe the House doesn't need filibustering because it's big brother already has it?

However, I also know that for a minority to filibuster certain nominees to the lower federal bench for years, denying them a vote in the full Senate that they evidently would win, would not be something I would be inclined to go along with.
    So you were pretty frequently pissed off in the 90's then right? Since it happened far more often to Clinton's appointees.

5% RB. Why is it that Bush has to have 100% approval for everything he does or his cheerleaders in the Senate threaten to take their ball and go home? Thank God Democrats are starting to stand up to this ridiculousness.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?

If the Democrats stop legislation or judge appointments through filibuster I would recommend the GOP take it up with the legislator's constituents come election day. I would cover the airwaves with the truth that their candidate has been an impediment to progress by thwarting the majority.

Its really amazing how the basic democratic principle of majority rules with minority rights has morphed into the ridiculous tyranny of the minority.

Its really amazing how the basic democratic principle of majority rules with minority rights has morphed into the ridiculous tyranny of the minority.
    What haven't Republicans gotten in the past four years? Besides the recent Social Security push I can't think of a thing.

5% were denied Phoenix. Could you explain to me how that's being obstructionist?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    I wonder if the 9/11 terrorists were muslim. Do you know GAC?
    I have no idea what point you are trying to make this time. They were Arabs; but as far as followers of the tenants of the Islamic religion, they were about as Muslim as you are.

These so-called "muslims" have killed and maimed far more of their own countrymen then they have Americans. Does the Koran advocate that?

And I say that because it was well known that these men, while here in the states, were participating in lifestyles/practices that would be insulting and strongly repudiated to any Muslim (heavy drinking, strip clubs, prostitution, gambling, etc).

So it validates my point as far as I'm concerned ..... some can make the claim they are something (if it serves their purpose); but their actions speak louder then words. Just as Jesus said - "You know a tree by the fruit it produces".

These terrorists, just like Hitler, hide behind religion (in this case a feigned devotion to Islam) when it is convenient for them to do so, because it helped to give justification/validation to their evil purpose and deception.

After all, if it helps one's purpose/goal, one wants religion on their side if at all possible.

The name of God has been used alot throughout human history to commit all types of atrocities; but it doesn't mean that is was sanctioned or "of God" just because someone says so.

Have you ever read/studied the entire New Testament RF? If you have, then you would see that one of the purposes of the Pauline letters was to help solidify/establish the churches on sound doctrine (the Gospel as according to Jesus and the Apostles) and to root out and dispel the false teaching and teachers who were trying to subvert those foundations with what Paul called a "false gospel" and a "different Jesus". The Book of Acts chronicles Paul and the other Apostles Three Missionary journeys, and the trials/troubles they endured from these evil men and their teachings.

So to get back to your original question RF (I wonder if the 9/11 terrorists were Muslims?), and using the analogy of above, I'd contend that no they were not. At least not according to the tenants/teachings of the Koran/Mohammed. And I'd also contend that a vast majority of Muslims would agree. I have a copy of the Koran and yes, I do read it. And what I see being done by these terrorists is not of Islam IMO.

What these terrorists follow is a "different gospel" in the true sense of what the Koran teaches. And what they have done is simply to give true Muslims, and their religion, a "bad name" and reputation that they do not deserve.

And I've stated this before on here; but I wish more and more Muslims would stand up and defend their religion, and what it truly stands for, and speak out against these perpetrators who have tried to "hijack" their religion. But I can understand why many don't when these terrorists use the means of threat, intimidation, and death to anyone who opposes them.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

The name of God has been used alot throughout human history to commit all types of atrocities; but it doesn't mean that is was sanctioned or "of God" just because someone says so.
    Because I point out that Hitler claimed to be a Christian doesn't mean that I believe his actions were sanctioned by God. Congratulations for finally getting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Because I point out that Hitler claimed to be a Christian doesn't mean that I believe his actions were sanctioned by God. Congratulations for finally getting that.
    Nice spin job there. Everyone who read your response then, in reference to Hitler being a Christian, just like when you started the thread "The Reality Of Red State Fascism", knew exactly where you were going with it, and what you were trying to imply. You were taking swipes at people of faith in this country in your own subtle way.

And it was one of the reasons why the mods instituted stricter rules/regulations on this side of the forum (which I'm glad of).

You've used the words "Hitler" and "fascism" quite a few times on here to associate those people/ideologies that you disagree with. Whether it was in a backhanded way or whatever, you know you have done so, and it was intended to insult and take a slap at those people.

You obviously don't realize the immensity of hurt and insult you may cause someone when you attempt to assocaite them with Hitler and Fascism.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Just wondering how a thread that starts off with "heh-heh" is not considered baiting under the new rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Just wondering how a thread that starts off with "heh-heh" is not considered baiting under the new rules.
    "But for every man there exists a bait which he cannot resist swallowing."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Now, Dom, you know better than that It's only baiting when Redsfaithful starts a thread...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Now, Dom, you know better than that It's only baiting when Redsfaithful starts a thread...
    Dom should know since he's a master at that art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Dom should know since he's a master at that art.
    Actually Dom's been absent a lot (or it seems to me) on this side of Redszone... But touche!
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I don't know if the "heh-heh" was a bait. I saw it more a WV laughing at a fellow West Virginian. If you can't laugh at your own, then who can you laugh at?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I don't know if the "heh-heh" was a bait. I saw it more a WV laughing at a fellow West Virginian. If you can't laugh at your own, then who can you laugh at?
    I think RFS62 summed up my thoughts on Robert C Byrd at the beginning of this thread.

He's a senile old coot who's time has long since passed.
    With that said, many of you know by now I am a Republican. However, I can take a look around and see what impact Robert Byrd has had on our state. West Virginia has some problems, but I dont fault that on our Senators, but rather our Governors(Caperton, Underwood, and Wise).

I thought this was rather enlightening-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd

Will I vote for Byrd? Depends on who runs on both sides. Despite his insensitive flaps, he has made an impact on this state for the better, but you have to wonder when its time to move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

There were a couple of news items regarding Senator Byrd in my newspaper this morning.
    1. He was the keynote speaker at a rally organized by Move.On.org opposing Republican efforts to have President Bush's judicial nominees confirmed and to possibly change Senate filibuster rules.
    2. He said he is "inclined to run" for re-election in 2006.
    With regard to his re-election, I've got to believe that, even though W.Va. was carried by Bush in the last two presidential elections, Byrd would be virtually impossible to defeat. Local columnist Dave Peyton has speculated that Republican Congresswoman Shelley Moore Capito may opt for a Senate bid against Byrd in 2006. Capito is a proven vote getter, but I just cannot see her, or anyone else, defeating Byrd.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

He's ten feet tall and bazooka proof in WV
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?