Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upset Special-Ohio St knocks off undefeated Illinois

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Upset Special-Ohio St knocks off undefeated Illinois

Apparently, Xavier knocked off undefeated St. Joseph's in their conference tourney last year - I had forgotten that.

Matta was quoted yesterday as saying that just once, he'd like to experience being the coach of the team everyone wants to knock off, rather than the team doing the knocking.
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    If they win the SEC tournament, which wont be easy given how Florida and South Carolina has played them this season, I think they will still be a no 1 seed. If UNC lost, that would have helped somewhat.

Joe Lunardi still has UK as a no 1 seed in the Albuquerque region.
    One of the guys on ESPN Radio (Mike Greenberg, I think) said this morning that the tournament selection committee pretty much came out and admitted that the Sunday tournament finals had absolutely no bearing on the seedings whatsoever last year. I think that has been the case for several years. A few years ago, UK beat Arkansas to win the SEC Tournament, yet Arkansas kept their #1 seed and UK stayed at a #2. Both Greenberg and Mike Golic agreed that the only way that conference tournaments played on Sunday made a difference was if a team won it that otherwise wasn't going to get in.

My question is, if so many of these tournaments are so meaningless, why play them? Oh, I remember now...

$$$

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Didnt UC get a no 2 seed after they lost in the first round of the C-USA tournament a couple years ago? Of course, they could have been factoring in Kenyon Martins injury as well.

I listened to Mike and Mike this morning too, they said they figured UNC, Illinois, and Wake were automatic locks for no 1 seeds. The last seed would be decided by how Kentucky, Kansas, and Boston College does in their tournaments.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

You're exactly right, WV. I do recall them saying that those look to be fighting it out for the fourth #1 seed. I still contend that they'll base their decision based on what happens between now and Saturday night, though. Sundays games won't have any bearing.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Good news for Buckeyes fans is Thad Matta has just signed a new 8 year contract this week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?s...v=ap&type=lgns

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    You're exactly right, WV. I do recall them saying that those look to be fighting it out for the fourth #1 seed. I still contend that they'll base their decision based on what happens between now and Saturday night, though. Sundays games won't have any bearing.
    What do you think of 14th ranked Washington getting a no 1 seed based more or less on winning the Pac-10 Tournament?

IMO, this has BCS written all over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I don't think they wanted to have 3 ACC teams as #1 seeds.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?