Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Anyone play "MLB 2006" yet?

Anyone play "MLB 2006" yet?

I was just curious if the Washington Nationals and their stadium have been included.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone play "MLB 2006" yet?

Screw that, play MVP 2005. MLB is fun is you like passed balls...on every pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190
    Screw that, play MVP 2005. MLB is fun is you like passed balls...on every pitch.
    I think you must be talking about a different game. The MLB series doesn't even have passed balls, wild pitches, etc.

MLB 2k5 is the passed balls game.. MLB 2006 is the PS2 version by 989 sports. Operation Sports has a good first impressions thread on it. Basically it's as good as MVP this year.

Ah, gotcha. Still, MVP is the best way to go.

Played 3 games of MLB 2006 last night... I was blown away. Here are my initial impressions.

Stadiums are spot on. Much better than MVP's. Presentation of the pre game was great, the camera panned up to the main entrance, with the Klu and Joe statues out front.
    Gameplay is pretty solid, as good as a tuned High Heat.

Pitching meter is very good and in a lot of ways an improvement on MVP's. Release point is represented very well, and the "sweet spot" gets larger as you do better. Using Milton, I had a couple of strike outs and held the Mets to only 4 hits over 6, his sweet spot was huge, he got tired, and I brought in Weber. he got roughed up, and gave up 3 runs in a half inning and the sweet spot disappeared. You set your pitch location where you want the break to start, not where you want the ball to end up. Makes it much more challenging. I pitched a minor league game with Jared Fernandez, and the knukler was crazy. Even when I hit my sweet spot perfectly, the ball was all over the place. Oh... and in the 3rd inning as Milton, I threw a curve in the dirt and it went to the backstop, LaRue couldn't handle it. It was a wild pitch, as I was aiming the break at the bottom of the zone and missed my release point, ball hit in front of the plate and LaRue was scrambling to get it... My wife said looks like a real game.

Hitting is Zone based, so my preference is for the MLB style instead of MVP's, although both hitting systems are very good.
    Fielding is solid, with some slick animations, although the animations for MVP are a bit better.
    Presentation, Commmentary, sound and atmosphere much better than MVP. It feels like baseball, and in the 3 games the commentary didn't repeat, but it was only 3 games.
    Roster is very good and pretty up to date for the Reds, but Roster management is better in MVP.

MVP on the PC can be modded and adjusted through the dat files, and modding community, the console can not. Walks are hard to come by and pitching is too precise with MVP on the console.
    If you play a baseball game on a console and have a PS2 get MLB its very good.

Turn Off Ads?