Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wabbit Season? No, it's Cat Season!

Re: Wabbit Season? No, it's Cat Season!

So there is a reason to violate a person's constitutional rights since they owned a firearm, apparently fully in compliance with another constitutional right?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    My father gave me a 9 for my 18th birthday. Neither him nor I peddle narcotics.

That's not logic, it's profiling.
    I think he meant the army. That is the sidearm that our arm forces issues afterall.

For a Level Playing Field

My father gave me a 9 for my 18th birthday. Neither him nor I peddle narcotics.

That's not logic, it's profiling.
    Sorry that your Dad prefers to buy his son the weapon of choice of the street. That is not profiling... that is reality. You and ochre can reserach it (you two seem to be experts in this area). Let me know what you two find to be fact... the weapon of chocie for the Crips and other street types.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Sorry that your Dad prefers to buy his son the weapon of choice of the street.
    No need to be sorry.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    So there is a reason to violate a person's constitutional rights since they owned a firearm, apparently fully in compliance with another constitutional right?
    Boy, I don't know. Is it one's constitutional right to discharge a firearm in his house? I'll let you tell me. I don't seem to know much about Constitutional rights. And please do not let the right to bear arms confuse you with discharging a weapon within legal limits (hint, hint...).

No need to be sorry.
    Z are you a blood or a crip?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Don't mean to offend those who support their local gangs or their right to discharge weapons.

Sorry!

Boy, I don't know. Is it one's constitutional right to discharge a firearm in his house? I'll let you tell me. I don't seem to know much about Constitutional rights. And please do not let the right to bear arms confuse you with discharging a weapon within legal limits (hint, hint...).
    But your contention was that he must be guilty since he possessed a loaded firearm within his own house.

Cats don't have constitutional rights so I say lock that cat up and throw away the key!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou

Neither. I'm a father who works a 40-hr week.

It would seem, however, that my ownership of a firearm means there's a pretty good chance I'm cooking meth or cutting coke in my apartment. I probably keep the scales and rat poison in the diaper bag.

As far as my gang affiliation, it's really going to depend on whether or not my little girl looks better in a blue bandanna or a red one.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    But your contention was that he must be guilty since he possessed a loaded firearm within his own house.
    My exact words...

The police should have done a thorough search for something illegal in dummy's house. Or is it normal to have loaded 9mm guns laying around the house and on the kitchen counter? Got to wonder about the activities of a 29-year-old man who keeps a loaded 9mm on his counter.

"Got to wonder" is a bit different than "must be gulity". Perhaps this is something we can agree on...? If he was cleaning his gun and shot himself, then I would be less suspicious. In my old rock band days, I used to know a few people who made a decent living selling drugs. I actually went into the house of a couple (after-hours parties). Both kept loaded guns at an arm's reach in their house at all times. I remember it well b/c it made me very nervous. Just speaking from experience though. I cannot speak for all dealers or all criminals though. I am sure that there are some dealers who abide by most laws and do not keep or discharge a loaded 9mm in their house. Not that it is illegal to have a loaded 9mm in your house (it isn't). But when people "wonder" about 29-year-old men who keep a loaded 9mm on their counter, do not blame those people for "wondering". It tends to be a normal thought for most non-9mm-on-their-counter-types. Just saying...

Probable cause is not "got to wonder".

possession of a loaded weapon does not constitute probable cause.

It tends to be a normal thought for most non-9mm-on-their-counter-types.
    Define "normal."

Just saying...
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Neither. I'm a father who works a 40-hr week.
    Good for you and I am glad to hear that. Do you keep your 9mm loaded and on your kitchen counter? Do you keep it loaded and on your kitchen counter when your daughter is in your custody?

Feel free to answer or not. I think my first post about being suspicious of a 29-year-old who keeps a loaded 9mm on his counter is not a so suspicious way of thinking. If not for my known political beliefs, I may not get so much crap from those who lean leftofyouandme. But I amnot the only one who thinks this way. Maybe one of few who is not afraid of the PC crown to say it here. And I am not ashamed of that. B/c I am very comfortable with my PC-ness.

It's legal to own a firearm with certain restrictions (it must be registered, for one).
    It's legal to discharge a firearm with certain restrictions (in areas designated for hunting or in shooting ranges, for example).

Just because a person can legally own a gun doesn't mean they can legally fire it anywhere they please. I'm sure a lot of cities have ordinances against firing a weapon in a residential district. And if someone is injured by gunfire (as in this case), I think a police investigation, including a search of the premises, is pretty easy to justify.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?