Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wabbit Season? No, it's Cat Season!

Re: Wabbit Season? No, it's Cat Season!

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    A stupid idea proposed by an overzealous cat-hater. Law of nature...
    Aren't humans at the top of the food chain?

If so, your 'law of nature' argument says he can kill all the kittens (or any other animal) he wants.
    Last edited by Steve4192; 03-09-2005 at 09:35 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    We'll let you know nut job! (just kiddin' there buddy)
    You must know my family... have they been talkin' about me again, GAC?!!? Don't believe 'em... as if my own family would know me!

If this passes, I'm straight-up moving to Wisconsin.

Never again will I have to wonder 'what to do?' on a boring weekday evening.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    If this passes, I'm straight-up moving to Wisconsin.

Never again will I have to wonder 'what to do?' on a boring weekday evening.
    Hate to bring this back up, but it seems all so appropriate for what ya just said! There seems to be lots of ways to kill time in good ol' Wisconsin. (no offense to any RZ WIS residents!)

NEILLSVILLE, Wis. - (AP) A 63-year-old man is charged with sexual gratification with an animal for allegedly having sex with calves.

Harold G. Hart, of Neillsville, allegedly told police that he routinely stopped at a Greenwood farm, usually after bar closing or on trips to strip clubs near Marshfield or Neillsville.

Hart told police he had sex with heifers before he went into the service in 1963 and resumed about a year ago at the farm. He admitted to using a rope to tie calves around the neck and estimated he had been to the farm "at least 50 times," according to the complaint.

He told police he never had sex with animals while maintaining a relationship with a girlfriend or his wife, the complaint said.

I'm all for passing this law on one condition. You must have a license to shoot the cats. All you have to do to get the license is to take a gunshot to the foot. You should, after all, have some idea of what you are inflicting on that animal when you shoot it.

If the cat is really bothering you, catch/trap it and take it to the local animal shelter. GAC, this applies to you too. A trip to the shelter is probably closer for you than a ride out in the country, and it is much more humane for the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Heeler
    I'm all for passing this law on one condition. You must have a license to shoot the cats. All you have to do to get the license is to take a gunshot to the foot. You should, after all, have some idea of what you are inflicting on that animal when you shoot it.

Honestly, folks should spend some time in their local shelters. We saved a sheltie one time. He was found laying in a ditch with an arrow through his abdomen.

Smartest little dog. No one claimed him, so we hired him. Went home with one of us each night. Became the shelter dog. Wandered freely, hung around the office with us, even sat in a chair during board meetings. I think he adopted us.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Not that I agree with this individual, but if I were a dog I'd be screaming discrimination!

Why are there such strict laws governing dog ownership, and their ability to roam around, yet nothing on cats?

I've lived next two two families that were cat lovers. If they love cats, I have no problem with that. But what I did hate was them lying on the hood of my car and scratching it up, tearing up the mulch/landscaping around my house, going after the birds in our bird feeder, and leaving their half-eaten prey in my backyard. I've had alot more problem with people's cats then I have dogs.

But that's nothing that a burlap bag and a nice ride in the country can't cure. :mhcky21:
    Get you a couple of coyotes they love cat and small animals according to what I was just reading today.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Only if the cats can shoot back
    Apparently, they can.

-------------------------

Cat Shoots Owner

BATES TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) -- A man cooking in his kitchen was shot after one of his cats knocked his 9mm handgun onto the floor, discharging the weapon, Michigan State Police said.

Joseph Stanton, 29, of Bates Township in Iron County, was shot in his lower torso around 6 p.m. Tuesday, the state police post in Iron River reported. He was transported to Iron County Community Hospital.

Michelle Sand, a spokeswoman at the Iron River hospital, said Stanton was treated there before being transferred to Marquette General Hospital for further treatment. But Marcie Miller, a representative of the Marquette facility, said there was no record of the hospital receiving a patient by that name.

A telephone message seeking comment was left Wednesday at Stanton's home.

State police said he was cooking at his stove when the cat knocked the loaded gun off the kitchen counter behind him.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Cat Shoots Owner

State police said he was cooking at his stove when the cat knocked the loaded gun off the kitchen counter behind him.
    The police should have done a thorough search for something illegal in dummy's house. Or is it normal to have loaded 9mm guns laying around the house and on the kitchen counter? Got to wonder about the activities of a 29-year-old man who keeps a loaded 9mm on his counter. Hope dummy never has kids.

Hate to bring this back up, but it seems all so appropriate for what ya just said! There seems to be lots of ways to kill time in good ol' Wisconsin. (no offense to any RZ WIS residents!)

NEILLSVILLE, Wis. - (AP) A 63-year-old man is charged with sexual gratification with an animal for allegedly having sex with calves.

Harold G. Hart, of Neillsville, allegedly told police that he routinely stopped at a Greenwood farm, usually after bar closing or on trips to strip clubs near Marshfield or Neillsville.

Hart told police he had sex with heifers before he went into the service in 1963 and resumed about a year ago at the farm. He admitted to using a rope to tie calves around the neck and estimated he had been to the farm "at least 50 times," according to the complaint.

He told police he never had sex with animals while maintaining a relationship with a girlfriend or his wife, the complaint said.
    "Lee Harvey, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together, forget it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Or is it normal to have loaded 9mm guns laying around the house and on the kitchen counter?
    Maybe in his house it is, maybe he was putting it in the cookie jar

Is a single persons definition of what normal is a good excuse to search someones home and assume that they are a criminal?

Is a single persons definition of what normal is a good excuse to search someones home and assume that they are a criminal?
    No, but I think the discharge of a firearm is reason enough to warrant a search. Maybe it depends on the state.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Sorry! Just thinking rationally and trying to use logic as to what kind of person has a loaded 9mm laying around. Might be foolish thinking, but I think a 9mm tends to be the choice of certain types as well. But logic can be a bad thing at times!

If there is nothing to hide, then there should be no problem. I am sure it won't invade his privacy while he is mending in the hospital. I wonder if dummy has insurance or if you and I will be footing the bill b/c dummy likes to have a loaded 9mm laying around the house for no apparent reason? Do druggies have Cobra plans when they get laid off? Enquiring minds want to know. I guess those type of layoffs are when they are laying face down or face up in a pool of their own blood. Guess Cobra plans are not necessary in that case. I luv to answer my own questions!

Might be foolish thinking, but I think a 9mm tends to be the choice of certain types as well. But logic can be a bad thing at times!
    My father gave me a 9 for my 18th birthday. Neither him nor I peddle narcotics.

That's not logic, it's profiling.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?