Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is it reported that Bob Pruett has resigned?

Why is it reported that Bob Pruett has resigned?

I have a very simple question-why is it reported that Bob Pruett has resigned as Marshall's football coach?
    I have no interest in this thread other than what is being reported as the reason[s] for his resignation. I am not interested in anyone's opinions regarding Pruett as a coach or person, nor am I interested in opinions regarding Marshall football or college football in general. Just the facts please regarding the reported resignation, nothing else.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Re: Why is it reported that Bob Pruett has resigned?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    I have a very simple question-why is it reported that Bob Pruett has resigned as Marshall's football coach?
    I have no interest in this thread other than what is being reported as the reason[s] for his resignation. I am not interested in anyone's opinions regarding Pruett as a coach or person, nor am I interested in opinions regarding Marshall football or college football in general. Just the facts please regarding the reported resignation, nothing else.
    Perhaps you should consult a news-source rather than a discussion forum then.

The answer to your question, as stated above...

It was probably reported because some source who isnt in the media, and does not have the forum or resources to report things, told someone who is in the media and does have the forum and resources to report things. That is usually why things get reported. Also, things get reported so that people know about them. If things were never reported, then no one would ever know about them.

There is supposed to be a press conference at 10:30 this morning. Other than this one note I don't see this resignation mentioned anywhere on any major sports site on the internet.

http://wsaz.com/

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/8271596

From CBS Sportsline - Pruett to retire.

Thank you Stewie.
    For the record, I had checked the web before I started this thread and I assumed my inquiry was straight forward enough that no one would attempt to start another argument here after having succeeded in causing a prior thread to be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    Perhaps you should consult a news-source rather than a discussion forum then.
    Perhaps you should put me on your ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    Perhaps you should put me on your ignore list.
    Perhaps... but nah. Marshall fans (notice im not saying all people from WV) are usually pretty good light-hearted entertainment for me.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/cfootb...uett%20Retires
    Marshall football coach Pruett to retire

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. -- Marshall football coach Bob Pruett has decided to retire after nine years at the school, a university spokesman said Wednesday.

Athletic department spokesman Randy Burnside declined to say why the 61-year-old Pruett made the decision. A news conference was planned for Wednesday morning.

Pruett signed a contract in 2003 that would have kept him at the school through the 2010 season. The contract guaranteed him $266,000 annually. He also receives $250,000 in incentives from private sources.

The decision comes as Marshall prepares to enter Conference USA this fall. The Thundering Herd finished its final season in the Mid-American Conference with a 6-6 record, its first non-winning season in 21 years. The school moved to Division I-A in 1997, a year after it won the Division I-AA national championship.

Pruett is the most successful coach in Marshall history, going 94-23 five MAC championships and five postseason bowl victories.
    /r/reds

Perhaps... but nah. Marshall fans (notice im not saying all people from WV) are usually pretty good light-hearted entertainment for me.
    CbusRed, this forum does not exist solely for your amusement. Chill out and stop baiting people or you won't last around here much longer.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

bomarl1969

Wow, maybe now I will actually respect Marshall Football now that he is gone!

bomarl1969

And yes that came from a die hard fan of the blue and gold.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    CbusRed, this forum does not exist solely for your amusement. Chill out and stop baiting people or you won't last around here much longer.

Are you kidding me? who did I bait? I answered his question, thats it.

Are you kidding me? who did I bait? I answered his question, thats it.
    No you didn't. Some other posters did, which I appreciate and respect.

I, for one, found the OP off-putting and the first reply entirely appropriate.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?