Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Def Lep and Bryan Adams at Fifth Third Field in Dayton

Def Lep and Bryan Adams at Fifth Third Field in Dayton

March 7, 2005
    DEF LEPPARD & BRYAN ADAMS, AUGUST 9TH, FIFTH THIRD FIELD

JAM PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS THE ROCK 'N ROLL DOUBLE-HEADER TOUR!

DAYTON, OH - The Dayton Dragons in conjunction with JAM Productions are proud to announce the first ever rock concert to be held at Fifth Third Field. On Tuesday, August 9th, English rock bank, Def Leppard, and Canadian rock icon, Bryan Adams, will perform in Dayton as a double header performance.

DEF LEPPARD & BRYAN ADAMS

This summer, Def Leppard and Bryan Adams will give the phrase "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" a whole new meaning as they co-headline the Rock 'N Roll Double-Header Tour. Two of the most popular rock acts to ever take the stage, will team up for the first time and perform at 26 minor league baseball stadiums. Bryan Adams and Def Leppard, combined, have sold more than 100,000,000 albums worldwide. Each made their album debut in 1980 – and 25 years later they are still hitting home runs as each releases a new album in 2005.

Only five rock groups can claim two original albums selling 10,000,000+ copies each in the U.S.: The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Van Halen and Def Leppard. The British band's blockbuster Pyromania hit #2 and 10 times platinum; Hysteria soared even higher--#1 and 13 times platinum. Still swinging for the fences, this coming May they'll release Rock Of Ages: The Definitive Collection , the band's biggest-ever "best of" album and the first two-CD set in the group's phenomenal career.

Bryan Adams' meteoric rise on the charts began with his 3rd album, Cuts Like A Knife that landed in the Top 10 and was soon followed by the No. 1 charted Reckless! In addition to his albums, Adams film credits include "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You" which topped the U.S. charts for 7 weeks and became the longest running #1 in the history of the British charts. His other #1s include--"Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?," "Heaven" and "All For Love". The Grammy-Award winning artist has been nominated for 3 Oscars and 3 Golden Globe Awards for music, he has received 18 Juno Awards (Grammy equivalent in Canada), an American Music Award, Five ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards for Most Performed Song from a Motion Picture. This spring will see the release of Adams' most recent CD, Room Service, which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard European Top 100 Album Chart!

"We are very pleased with the five-year success of the downtown stadium as a catalyst for downtown rejuvenation, and are very proud and excited to add this world-class event to the 2005 entertainment calendar," noted Dragons President, Robert Murphy. "August 9th will be a tremendous event for the community and great for downtown."

TICKETS ON SALE

The Dragons have worked with JAM Productions to make special arrangements to allow season ticket holders, sponsors, group leaders and members on the Dragons wait list to have first opportunity to purchase tickets before they go on sale to the general public on Saturday, April 16th. On April 16th the general public will be able to purchase tickets via the Dayton Dragons Box office in person or via phone at (937) 228-BATS (2287), or via Ticketmaster at their outlets, phone at (937) 228-2323, or online at ticketmaster.com.

Information on this pre-sale offer will be mailed to this group of tickets holders in mid to late March. Fifth Third Field suite holders will also have the ability to reserve their suite for this double header concert event.

Reserved seats in the stadium seating bowl and general admission on-field (standing) seating will be sold. All tickets will be $45.00 with applicable service fees.

For more information, fans are encouraged to contact the Dragons by calling at (937) 228-2287 (BATS), or go to the Dragons web site at daytondragons.com.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Def Lep and Bryan Adams at Fifth Third Field in Dayton

Yet another sign the end of the world is coming.

Must be a ballpark tour. They announced today they'll be coming to the new minor league park in Charleston, WV, too.

Yep...

Two of the most popular rock acts to ever take the stage, will team up for the first time and perform at 26 minor league baseball stadiums.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

yeah, but in order to know that was in the article, I would actually have to take the time to read a press release. I haven't quite sunk to that level of desperation yet. I draw the line at cereal boxes.

(I may disavow the previous paragraph at any time, especially if I happen to get the job writing press releases that I tested for today .)

(on a side note, is it a bad sign when a person puts more effort into his "reason for editing" than he does into the post itself?)
    Last edited by tixe; 03-09-2005 at 10:45 PM. Reason: "The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity."

Quote Originally Posted by tixe
    (I may disavow the previous paragraph at any time, especially if I happen to get the job writing press releases that I tested for today .)
    Ahh, the irony that would be involved in your getting that job.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Ah, but I would raise the press release to the level of art! I would write press releases that would make the public swoon in wonder, that would be so perfectly crafted that serious newspapers would publish them as written! I would be the Melville, the Dostoevsky, of the Press release. . .

or maybe not.

Love bites when it cuts like a knife.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

(I Get) Hysteria in the Summer of '69.
    /r/reds

Pour Some Sugar On Me Diana
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

As much as I am a fan of 80's music, other than posing for Playboy, is this what washed up 80's icons are resorting to????

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    (I Get) Hysteria in the Summer of '69.

"Photograph of '69"

“And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

"Heaven Is" "Unbelievable" "Summer of '69" "Wasted" "All Night"---"Heaven," "Please Forgive Me"!!! :mhcky21:

---'Roser

Turn Off Ads?