Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: CNN Breaking...BRIAN NICHOLS IN CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  1. #16
    Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bexley OH
    Posts
    1,252

    Re: CNN Breaking...BRIAN NICHOLS IN CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC

    But the system created the environment, which this nutcase obviously recognized and flaunted. And now three people are dead, one pistol-whipped, and another critically wounded.

    The law says that he wasn't alowed to be cuffed when brought into the courtroom because they feel it MIGHT prejudice the jury. Yet the jury wasn't yet in the courtroom when he was brought in. And when they talked with the jury foreman and several others on the jury (from his first trial), they admitted they were intimidated and fearful of this guy because he would sit in the courtroom, make eye contact with each of the jurors, and just stare them down.

    So I don't think cuffs would have prejudiced this jury anymore then what he was already doing.

    They need to change some rules/procedures on handling felons in our courtrooms, or this is gonna continue to happen.

    Thank your liberal georgia lawmakers for this travesty.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,665

    Re: CNN Breaking...BRIAN NICHOLS IN CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    Thank your liberal georgia lawmakers for this travesty.
    I don't see that as the reasoning at all. I'm a conservative; but I see conservative lawmakers doing stupid things like this also. I don't care what "side" you're on... most decisions are made for purely political purposes and where common sense seems to be left at the door.

  4. #18
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,665

    Re: CNN Breaking...BRIAN NICHOLS IN CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan
    Try four people dead. He killed a customs agent too.
    I thought he killed two in the court and the custom agent was the 3rd? I guess that is a moot point though because this situation could have very easily been avoided IMO. Such a travesty and waste. It makes me mad. And will they learn and change the procedures after this? I doubt it.

  5. #19
    Please come again pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    portland, oregon
    Posts
    14,742

    Re: CNN Breaking...BRIAN NICHOLS IN CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    Thank your liberal georgia lawmakers for this travesty.
    Have you been to Georgia lately? Liberal is not a word I'd use for it. The state is controlled by conservatives.

    TMBS, this was a procedural error caused by the sheriff's department. There is no way on earth that a violent criminal should be guarded in such a situation by a single female guard.

  6. #20
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,141

    Re: CNN Breaking...BRIAN NICHOLS IN CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Have you been to Georgia lately? Liberal is not a word I'd use for it. The state is controlled by conservatives.

    .
    Only recently though. This is the first time Republicans have held both the upper and lower houses since reconstruction. Most of the judges were appointed by Dems.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  7. #21
    Please come again pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    portland, oregon
    Posts
    14,742

    Re: CNN Breaking...BRIAN NICHOLS IN CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    Only recently though. This is the first time Republicans have held both the upper and lower houses since reconstruction. Most of the judges were appointed by Dems.
    that is true. but georgia dems aren't always that "liberal" either.

  8. #22
    CELEBRATION TIME RBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    13,984

    Re: CNN Breaking...BRIAN NICHOLS IN CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    This is a sad story. People are eager to point fingers at who/or what agencies screwed up. But what needs to be done is a complete investigation on what went wrong and steps need to be put in place to correct it immediately.

  9. #23
    Big Red Machine RedsBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Out Wayne
    Posts
    22,761

    Re: CNN Breaking...BRIAN NICHOLS IN CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    This is a sad story. People are eager to point fingers at who/or what agencies screwed up. But what needs to be done is a complete investigation on what went wrong and steps need to be put in place to correct it immediately.
    I agree.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

  10. #24
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,665

    Re: CNN Breaking...BRIAN NICHOLS IN CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    This is a sad story. People are eager to point fingers at who/or what agencies screwed up.
    Because someone did screw up (i.e. the Fulton Co. Sheriff's Dept). And this is not the first time they have done so. This sheriff's dept has suffered a few "black eyes" over the last several years for courtroom screw-ups.

    When the guy comes into your courtroom the day before he commits this heinous crime, and they find homemade knives in his socks, and the judge requests extra security for this guy from that point on, then yes, somebody screwed up.

    That is what makes me, and alot of people, mad. People were needlessly murdered because the sheriff dept. didn't act. This whole tragedy could have been avoided with some common sense.

    Did you notice when they brought him into he courtroom after his capture that he was cuffed and had several rather large deputies surronding him?

    They had the Futon Co. prosecuting attorney on TV the other night, and while he acknowledged that things weren't handled properly, he also made alot of excuses.

    Now they are considering a procedural change where no guns are allowed in the courtroom (including law enforcement). Yeah, that is real smart.

  11. #25
    CELEBRATION TIME RBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    13,984

    Re: CNN Breaking...BRIAN NICHOLS IN CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I can see your point.

  12. #26
    Member CrackerJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    5,001

    Re: CNN Breaking...BRIAN NICHOLS IN CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Thank your liberal georgia lawmakers for this travesty.
    What does this have to do with "liberals?" I guess you're implying the amount and position of female officers is due to these "liberals?"

    The problem wasn't the fact she was female - or that there's female officers - the problem was the procedure used and the fact someone simply didn't provide enough security for this man - one officer of any sex is absurd - I've seen petty thieves escorted in and out of courthouses with more security than that. It doesn't matter how big or small they are.

  13. #27
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,665

    Re: CNN Breaking...BRIAN NICHOLS IN CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    What does this have to do with "liberals?" I guess you're implying the amount and position of female officers is due to these "liberals?"

    The problem wasn't the fact she was female - or that there's female officers - the problem was the procedure used and the fact someone simply didn't provide enough security for this man - one officer of any sex is absurd - I've seen petty thieves escorted in and out of courthouses with more security than that. It doesn't matter how big or small they are.
    I agree. This was simply absurb in the way they handled this. Especially after what had happened in that courtroom the day before. If that wasn't a warning sign, then "DUH!".

  14. #28
    Please come again pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    portland, oregon
    Posts
    14,742

    Re: CNN Breaking...BRIAN NICHOLS IN CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Having lived in Atlanta from 1993-2003 I can say that the Fulton County Sheriff's office has had more than it's share of problems in recent years. Fiscal mismanagement, gang land slayings of elected officials by members of the Police force, etc, etc, etc.

  15. #29
    gilcrest
    Guest

    Re: CNN Breaking...BRIAN NICHOLS IN CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    What does this have to do with "liberals?" I guess you're implying the amount and position of female officers is due to these "liberals?"

    The problem wasn't the fact she was female - or that there's female officers - the problem was the procedure used and the fact someone simply didn't provide enough security for this man - one officer of any sex is absurd - I've seen petty thieves escorted in and out of courthouses with more security than that. It doesn't matter how big or small they are.
    Im pretty sure he was referring to the fact that liberal lawmakers pushed for the "no hand cuff" law in order to not sway jurors opinions by seeing the defendant in cuffs.

    had this violent criminal been cuffed, none of this would have ever happened.

  16. #30
    CELEBRATION TIME RBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    13,984

    Re: CNN Breaking...BRIAN NICHOLS IN CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gilcrest
    Im pretty sure he was referring to the fact that liberal lawmakers pushed for the "no hand cuff" law in order to not sway jurors opinions by seeing the defendant in cuffs.

    had this violent criminal been cuffed, none of this would have ever happened.
    Can you explain this "no hand cuff" law? When was it passed by the Georgia Legistration? And what does the law entail?


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25