Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Remembering all those arguments made 1,500 deaths ago

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Re: Remembering all those arguments made 1,500 deaths ago

I knew it was only a matter of time after a certain poster "left" before he would realize that no one cared and come back to spread his 6th grade Michael Moore logic once again.

Well, at least we had a little over a month of not having to deal with this crap.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    I knew it was only a matter of time after a certain poster "left" before he would realize that no one cared and come back to spread his 6th grade Michael Moore logic once again.

Well, at least we had a little over a month of not having to deal with this crap.
    I hate to break the news to you. I believe that certain poster did get a good number PM's and emails requesting he come back.

For someone stating "6th grade logic", you sure are acting immature with this post. Why don't you just put him on your ignore list?

I'll take a 6th grade Michael Moore logic over a 3rd Grade Jerry Falwell logic anyday.
    Last edited by RBA; 03-13-2005 at 11:34 PM.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Phoenix, just answer this question: If Bush said that we would call off the invasion if Hussein would disarm, then how is the war just? Answer the question. We knew all about the gassing of his people, the terrible nature of this man, yet Bush's statement indicates that he could continue doing this as long as he disarmed.

Since there were no weapons, how is this war just? It's a smiple question, really, and I would love to hear your side. Convince me.

I swear I'd take Tris Speaker, Ty Cobb, and Babe Ruth and that'd be the best outfield of all time. You can argue Bonds, Mays, and Ruth all you want and I bet I'd still win.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I swear I'd take Tris Speaker, Ty Cobb, and Babe Ruth and that'd be the best outfield of all time.

minus Babe Ruth

plus Eric Davis!

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedHotPotato
    I hate to break the news to you. I believe that certain poster did get a good number PM's and emails requesting he come back.

I wonder if any of those emails were from people who recieved pictures of dead Iraqi children in their pm box from this certain poster.

Retired

Some folks need to review the new rules.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/announcement.php?f=8

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

CBusRed: Just out of curiosity, were you aware that your signature comes from one of the biggest (and best) Bush bashing CDs?

I really have no idea what your politics are, so it may be obvious, but calling Michael Moore's logic "6th grade," is sort of pot calling kettle black-ish. I'll agree his argument has flaws, but so do most of Bush's.

I never quite understood that you shouldn't buy cd's or anything because a band or person might have differing view points from your own. Maybe that's just me though, I value diversity in opinions and respect people's rights to express them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I never quite understood that you shouldn't buy cd's or anything because a band or person might have differing view points from your own. Maybe that's just me though, I value diversity in opinions and respect people's rights to express them.
    Ah man, I'm always firing up some Toby Keith before I twirl down to the QuikSak for some Early Times and Newport Menthols.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    I wonder if any of those emails were from people who recieved pictures of dead Iraqi children in their pm box from this certain poster.
    Yes, your girlfriend got PM's of dead and maimed Iraqi children. So what? Were you privy to the entire conversation and do you know what context they were sent in?

Do you also think only the "Iraqis who attacked us on 9/11" (as she put it) were the only ones that were killed during the Iraq War?
    Last edited by RBA; 03-14-2005 at 12:07 AM.

Well Toby Keith is a miserable artist. I just can't come to grips with hating Pearl Jam no matter how much I get sick of Eddie and his views, but does that make me a bad person? Maybe I should sack up and lie to myself and say the art they make is crap, but I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Phoenix, just answer this question: If Bush said that we would call off the invasion if Hussein would disarm, then how is the war just? Answer the question. We knew all about the gassing of his people, the terrible nature of this man, yet Bush's statement indicates that he could continue doing this as long as he disarmed.

Since there were no weapons, how is this war just? It's a smiple question, really, and I would love to hear your side. Convince me.
    First off, we already know that I am not going to convince you of my side just like you certainly will not convince me of your side. This thread is obviously a re-run of perhaps a thousand that came before it.

Saddam sealed his fate by throwing out the UN weapons inspectors after months of impeding their operations. Saddam never gave the full access that he promised. Inspectors were stopped, denied access, kicked out, and only invited back to begin the charade anew again. As far as the war being "just" it became just after Saddam failed to live up to his commitments of the cease fire agreement from the first gulf war. We were "just" as soon as he began firing at American planes enforcing the no-fly zones protecting the Kurdish north and the Shiite south.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    CBusRed: Just out of curiosity, were you aware that your signature comes from one of the biggest (and best) Bush bashing CDs?

I really have no idea what your politics are, so it may be obvious, but calling Michael Moore's logic "6th grade," is sort of pot calling kettle black-ish. I'll agree his argument has flaws, but so do most of Bush's.

Oh I forgot, paying tribute to one of the best rock bands of my generation means I should also support one of the biggest manipulative, lying, ****** bags to ever grace our country's silver screens.

My favorite band of all-time is Pearl Jam, So I guess I should be going out to buy my Bush mask so I can throw it on the ground and stomp on it.

Personally, I hate it when musicians, or any "star" for that matter, use their fame or social status as a soap box to try to sway public opinion. But being a musician myself, and a music lover, I dont let political messages get in the way of what is truley beautiful about the music that I love. There is alot more to music than lyrics.

I like Nirvana, guess I better shoot myself.
    I like Alice in Chains, guess I better overdose on heroine.
    I like Queen, guess I better turn gay.
    I like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, guess I better play my next show with nothing on but a tube sock around my genitals.
    I liked White Zombie, guess I better worship satan.
    I like Rush, guess I better move to Canada.

To me, it takes a mental midget to be influenced by rockstars when it comes to important issues such as the safety and well-being of our country.

Queen Christine

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedHotPotato
    Yes, your girlfriend got PM's of dead and maimed Iraqi children. So what? Were you privy to the entire conversation and do you know what context they were sent in?

Do you also think only the "Iraqis who attacked us on 9/11" (as she put it) were the only ones that were killed during the Iraq War?
    Don't bring me into this.
    Your a sick little man... and you are proud of it.
    And I am ok with that.
    But leave me out of your posts.

Turn Off Ads?