Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fantasy Baseball help re: Griffey & Kearns

CheapSeats

Fantasy Baseball help re: Griffey & Kearns

How are these two looking this spring? As some of you may remember, I am a Cardinal fan who stops in from time to time. Against my better judgment, I picked both for my fantasy team (Rounds 10 & 11). I'm not trying to stir the pot. I think both could be in line for big seasons, if healthy (I know that this is not a new thought). I don't need both. I also have Miguel Cabrera, Jose Guillen, Mark Kotsay and Mike Cameron.

As an aside, it was a strange draft. Things have certainly changed over the last several years. Griffey, Giambi & Piazza were all picked in the 10th round or later.
    Last edited by CheapSeats; 03-13-2005 at 01:02 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    WAGS

Re: Fantasy Baseball help re: Griffey & Kearns

kearns is smashing the ball left and right griffey has like 2 hits in 6 ab's? don't quote me to that though

University of Cincinnati

lets see he went 0-1 in his first game with a walk and 2-3 in his last game so hes 2 for 4 with a 2B, RBI, and an obp of .600 :gac:
    THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by CheapSeats
    How are these two looking this spring? As some of you may remember, I am a Cardinal fan who stops in from time to time. Against my better judgment, I picked both for my fantasy team (Rounds 10 & 11). I'm not trying to stir the pot. I think both could be in line for big seasons, if healthy (I know that this is not a new thought). I don't need both. I also have Miguel Cabrera, Jose Guillen, Mark Kotsay and Mike Cameron.

As an aside, it was a strange draft. Things have certainly changed over the last several years. Griffey, Giambi & Piazza were all picked in the 10th round or later.
    Go to the Reds home page and click on stats to find ST totals so far...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

austin kearns is a great pick for fantasy. If he plays put him in, but if he plays injured you might want to drop him. Griffey i think is not woth it. He still is incredible, but he wont get the ab's day in and day out to be woth it. Even if both are 100% they are sharing time with Pena. Even if Kearns is on fire having 2 days a week where he doesn't play hurts.

Either one would be a fine 10th or 11th round draft pick, but I wouldn't get both, and I wouldn't rely on them as a major cog in my team. They would be great 3rd OFers, and probably decent 2nd OFers.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Cruisin' for trouble

Got Kearns rd 18, pick 4 the other day.

SCHWEEEEEEET!

Round 18 is a steal.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I traded for Kearns... here was the trade. I think I got a steal.

I traded

R. Sanders*(StL - OF)*
    B. Webb*(Ari - SP)

FOR

A. Kearns*(Cin - OF)
    L. Hernández*(Was - SP)*

You robbed the other guy, NastyBoy.

Turn Off Ads?