Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Olive Garden heard jurors were ‘starving to death’

Olive Garden heard jurors were ‘starving to death’

Jackson jury takes bonus pizza break
    The Associated Press
    Updated: 8:24 p.m. ET March 15, 2005

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - The Michael Jackson trial judge was overruled by the jury Tuesday when they extended their 10-minute snack break because of an unexpected bonanza: free pizza.

Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville has been running an unusually rigid schedule with no lunch hour, just three quick snack breaks during six hours of testimony — a hunger-inducing regimen he calls “the Melville diet.”

When jurors took an extra 15 minutes getting back into their seats, he offered an explanation.

“The Olive Garden heard a CNN report that the jurors were starving to death,” he announced. “So they sent over a bunch of pizzas.”

He said the jury “sent out an attack squadron” with word that they wanted time to eat their pizzas. “So now they’re full, and they can thank CNN,” he said.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Re: Olive Garden heard jurors were ‘starving to death’

Man, oh man... just when I thought this whole thing was going to be a "normal court case". Word of the pizza-thing may turn this whole thing into a circus!

I am sure there is as much truth to the jurors starving to death as their is to Michael's next strange illness which will cause him to show up in his PJs.

I kind of wish this whole court case and the media feeding frenzy over it would...

Just beat it, beat it, beat it
    No one wants to be defeated
    Showin' how funky and strong is your fight
    It doesn't matter who's wrong or right
    Just beat it, beat it!!

I have been to that Olive Garden. And it is not impressive. (food quality wise) However, on a different occassion when I was half way around the world, my wife and kids waited over a hour for a table (they'd had forgotten about them). So my wife complained a little and when they found out where I was the check was taken care of by the management. I'm glad they realize their error and the free meal was a good gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    I have been to that Olive Garden. And it is not impressive. (food quality wise) However, on a different occassion when I was half way around the world, my wife and kids waited over a hour for a table (they'd had forgotten about them). So my wife complained a little and when they found out where I was the check was taken care of by the management. I'm glad they realize their error and the free meal was a good gesture.

That's a nice story.

Everybody makes mistakes. What they do to correct their mistakes shows what kind of people they are.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Olive Garden has pizzas? Guess I haven't been there in a while.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    I thought the same thing.

There is an Olive Garden here, and I dont really care for it outside of the breadsticks and salad. DaVinci's, a local Italian restaurant, is a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

For a Level Playing Field

Thought the same thing, Roy. Of course if I want pizza, I don't go to Olive Garden! Olive Garden has too many other killer things to eat!

Olive Garden evidently has pizza and a great marketing idea... lots of free advertizing for the free pizza idea. Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed

There is an Olive Garden here, and I dont really care for it outside of the breadsticks and salad. DaVinci's, a local Italian restaurant, is a lot better.
    I prefer real Italian restaurants too, but my in-laws like it so we go there sometimes. It's OK. Better when my father-in-law picks up the check.

Why do I think this jury is going to be inundated with pizzas from here on out?

"This news break brought to you by Pizza Hut, official pizza of the Michael Jackson trial".
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

If the Olive Garden was truly concerned about their hunger, they'd be sending endless breadsticks to the jury box.

I am not an olive garden pizza fan, too flat and taste less.. but the salads ROCK! and Redsland is right about those breadsticks
    Go Gators!

Ditto. Since when....

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed

I agree. I like Olive Garden's salad, beadsticks and desserts, but the entrees are ordinary at best. Locally, Rocco's in both Huntington and Ceredo puts Olive Garden to shame.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?