Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Dwyane Corleone

Michael Dwyane Corleone

O'NEAL: DWYANE'S LIKE MIKE

By EVAN GROSSMAN

March 16, 2005 -- Shaquille O'Neal is, without a doubt, Dwyane Wade's biggest fan.

He's said it since the day he was traded to the Heat, and he was saying it again last night after Wade buried an 18-foot fadeaway at the final buzzer to give Miami a dramatic 98-96 win over the Knicks, a win that clinched a playoff spot for the top-seeded visitors.

"Yeah. He's a great player. We know he always wants the ball in his hands," O'Neal said after the Heat, winners of 10 straight, toppled a 13-point deficit. "We just chopped down that lead . . . We knew we had a chance to win it and he won it for us."

The Heat drew up the final play to go to Wade, in his second year, and not O'Neal, who said he has no problem riding shotgun to the youngster.

"For a young player, he has a lot of poise," said O'Neal (23 points, seven boards). "Too much poise."

"Most youngsters are like knuckleheads," said O'Neal, who shot 3-for-14 from the line. "He's not one of them. . . . He has a lot of poise to be young, and I'm very impressed."

The buzzer-beater gave Wade 24 points for the game.

Click to learn more...

In the past, O'Neal played with three up-and-coming shooting guards, but never before has Shaq taken one under his wing quite like Wade. Shaq compared playing with a young Penny Hardaway in Orlando, a young Kobe Bryant with the Lakers and now a young Wade with the Heat.

"The difference between those three is the Godfather trilogy," O'Neal said in classic Shaq-speak. "One is Fredo, who was never ready for me to hand it over to him. One is Sonny, who will do whatever it takes to be the man, and one is Michael, who if you watch the trilogy, the Godfather hands it over to Michael. So I have no problem handing it over to Dwyane."

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize Shaq was comparing Kobe to the psychotic Sonny, and Penny with the weaker Fredo characters from that movie. There only seems to be one that O'Neal would go to the mattresses with. As for Wade, last night it was his shot that sent the Knicks to sleep with the fishes.

"I would love to see the ball in my hands, but I'm not the best player or the best shooter on this team," O'Neal said. "I don't mind handing it over to Michael Dwyane Corleone."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Michael Dwyane Corleone

Kazaam is my favorite movie.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Shaq is Luca Brasi.
    Last edited by MWM; 03-16-2005 at 09:50 PM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

No way, Shaq is Vito Corleone.

I love Shaq - never takes himself too seriously and dominates when he has to.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy

very coombsesque.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    No way, Shaq is Vito Corleone.

Nah. Vito Corleone was as smart as they come. Shaq is much more in line with Luca re: IQ. Plus, Shaq gets away with just about anything he wants to do on the basketball court regardless of the rules. Plus, I think Don Vito was a better foul shooter than Shaq.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I find it ironic that an Ohio State fan is criticizing somebody else's IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    I find it ironic that an Ohio State fan is criticizing somebody else's IQ.
    Totally classy comment there. :thumbdown

Don't make another one like it.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Totally classy comment there. :thumbdown

Don't make another one like it.
    Lighten up. That was my flip way of showing the stupidity of the prior comment. Shaq has always demonstrated that he is an intelligent person. He's one of the few professional atheletes, much less a superstar, who actually returned to college and got his degree. Anyone who criticises Shaq's intelligence, in face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, would appear to have annother agenda.

Lighten up. That was my flip way of showing the stupidity of the prior comment. Shaq has always demonstrated that he is an intelligent person. He's one of the few professional atheletes, much less a superstar, who actually returned to college and got his degree. Anyone who criticises Shaq's intelligence, in face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, would appear to have annother agenda.
    Regardless, don't insult other posters on this board, or you'll face suspension from it.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Watch it z, or he'll sue you for restricting his freedom of speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I find it ironic that you all would ignore what appears to be a racist comment, but would attack somebody who challenges it.

What in the world are you talking about?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Watch it z, or he'll sue you for restricting his freedom of speech.
    I find it ironic that you all would ignore what appears to be a racist comment, but would attack somebody who challenges it.
    If the glove ain't fittin' you must be acquittin. :RedinDC:
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I don't know who luca is. Is he stupid?

Turn Off Ads?