Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The official UC will beat UK thread!

Re: The official UC will beat UK thread!

I was shocked at how UC gave up with 30 seconds to go and trailing by nine. That's three misses of the front end of a one-and-one by UK (who STUNK at the foul line tonight) and three three-pointers. Likely? Certainly not. Impossible? Certainly not. Stranger things have happened. Hey, this is your season. If there's ever a time to pull out all the stops, use up all your timeouts, this is it. I thought UC went into desperation mode with 1:30 to go. Was anyone else suprised by their collapse and the way they managed the last 1:30?
    Last edited by macro; 03-19-2005 at 11:55 PM.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    The shot selection by UC in the last 4 minutes of this game was pathetic. Muhammad sucks, he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn
    Agreed, Maxiell was shut down for the most part, but why they didnt run plays for Nick Williams with him playing as lights out as he did is beyond me.

Kentucky won this game by pounding the ball inside, mostly during the second half. Chuck Hayes and Randolph Morris were quite the difference, and Rajon Rondo showed signs of scoring.

On a side note, even though I dont like WVU, I found myself pulling for them tonight against Wake. Seems like the ACC brings out the worst in me.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Another year, another second round loss for UC. Another Sweet 16 for UK...and this one is extra sweet. GO WILDCATS! This was our national championship tonight! Who knows, another trip to the final four isn't out of question...Duke didn't look that great in the second round.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I really cannot believe I am going to say this, but with the way Jihad Muhammed played late in the game I found myself wanting Chadd Moore to put a uniform on.

That's bad.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

This game needs to happen on a regular basis....that was a hell of a game and a lot of fun

Too bad UK won....but they deserved it

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Bearcats or Wildcats?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I hate both teams, but with that said, I'm rooting for Kentucky because #1, I think Bob Huggins is an idiot,
    I hope that thought isn't because of what you read...because what you read about Huggs and his "renegade program" and his "he doesn't graduate players" is nothing but a bunch of garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hot Reds
    This was our national championship tonight!
    That's no way for a UK fan to talk!

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Rumor has it that UVA is looking at Tubby Smith to replace Pete Gillen and they have the money to offer. Supposedly Tubby and Barnhardt dont get along. I dont see this happening though.

Huggins real test is going to come in recruiting players over Ohio to play for UC, especially with the major glut of talent coming from the city(Bill Walker, Keenan Ellis).

I wouldnt speculate on him going to Tennessee, as he turned down his alma mater in West Virginia, I would say he is staying. Tennessee is supposedly looking at Bob Knight.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Retired

I can't see Knight going to UT.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    I can. Like Digger, he'll pick against UK every chance he gets.

By the way, I remember the game that your program came from. It was before the shot clock, and an overmatched UC team held the ball FOREVER each time down the floor. Kentucky led that game 11-7 (yes, that's right -- eleven to seven!!!!) at the half and ended up winning the game 24-11.
    I, too, remember that game. It was absolutely FREEZING the night the game was played. I think that Kenny Walker was UK's leading scorer that night with 8 points??

Turn Off Ads?