Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The official UC will beat UK thread!

The official UC will beat UK thread!

:gac: Go Bearcats!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

Re: The official UC will beat UK thread!

I wish, but I doubt it.

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

Now you all know that the best kind of cat is a WILDcat! Go Blue! :gac:

---'Roser

Go Big Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    I wish, but I doubt it.
    I'm not so sure. This UK team can be caught flat-footed. They aren't so naturally gifted that they can survive too many hard charges from a good defensive squad.

I UC can muster any offense at all they'll win this game by 10.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

The key to UC winning is to have Meeker play the whole game.

:

Post To Contact

I'm a briar myself, so I'm a DIEHARD UK fan (are there any other kinds?), but I must admit that although Cincinnati is inconsistent and whatever else some may say about them, they are still the kind of physical, good rebounding team that UK has had fits with; especially recently. I want Kentucky to win and I think if they put it together like they have very few times this season, they could make a serious run to the Final Four. However, more often than not, they're too inconsistent offensively, and they could lose ANY game... starting with Saturday's.

At least they survived today... NCAA Tourney starting, Kentucky wins, and St. Paddy's day for a briar with mostly Irish ethnicity... it's a good day.

Every year Cincinnati is a choker team. Considering 6 of the last 8 years they've gone out in the second round (and one of those other years the first) I'd be feeling pretty comfortable if I was a Kentucky fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    Every year Cincinnati is a choker team. Considering 6 of the last 8 years they've gone out in the second round (and one of those other years the first) I'd be feeling pretty comfortable if I was a Kentucky fan.

2nd round 2004 NCAA tournament:

1. Kentucky 75
    8. UAB 76
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

Maybe you didn't read Serafini's post too closely, paintme. It said 6 of the last 8 years UC has gone out in the 2nd round. You, on the other hand, were only able to give ONE year that UK has gone out in the 2nd round. Not a very logical comeback.

Falls City:
    If UC wins by 10, I'll buy you all the Falls City you can drink for a lifetime, okay? Or do they still even sell that nasty stuff?

---rSquared

I listened to Bill Cunningham Monday on WLW and they were letting the callers fill out the brackets(winner got a cocktail dinner). Needless to say, the caller picked Cincinnati to beat UK. I was wanting to listen to the rest of it to see if they would pick UC to win the national championship, but I got out of range.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    2nd round 2004 NCAA tournament:

1. Kentucky 75
    8. UAB 76
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Go UC!!

Yeah UC typically chokes in the tourney but who cares that's the past and this all about the game on Saturday!!! I've been wating for this for over a decade. (I went to school in Kentucky for years and live in Cincy and have most of my life)

If UC can shoot like they did today they'll give UK some trouble - if not, UK will beat them soundly.

UC has to play with the enthusiasm they did today - and Maxiell looked possessed.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRoser
    Maybe you didn't read Serafini's post too closely, paintme. It said 6 of the last 8 years UC has gone out in the 2nd round. You, on the other hand, were only able to give ONE year that UK has gone out in the 2nd round. Not a very logical comeback.

Falls City:
    If UC wins by 10, I'll buy you all the Falls City you can drink for a lifetime, okay? Or do they still even sell that nasty stuff?

---rSquared

I didn't put much thought into it, nor did I do any research outside of looking up the score from the game I remembered last year. Frankly, I just don't care enough to look up tourney scores from the last 10 years.

I'm not saying UC doesn't choke in the NCAA tourney (and I'm a student there), but to say Kentucky will win even though they've choked before too is a reach IMO.

Both teams will be ready to play. I think Kentucky wins but it's gonna be close.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

It should be fun. Kind of a shame there's only one day between games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Can they both lose?

Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?