Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The official UK will beat UC thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The official UK will beat UC thread!

Couldnt resist. Go Wildcats!
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Re: The official UK will beat UC thread!

I mentioned it in another thread, there is no reason why Kentucky shouldn't blow UC away. This UC team is down by UC's standard and lacks mental and physical toughness. When they play teams like Illinois and Louisville they back down to easily. Same thing happened with South Florida. If Kentucky lets UC hang around there will probably be a mutiny in Lexington. I'm a huge UC fan but Kentucky is probably going to win by at least 15 points and will have at least a double-digit lead at the half. UC just doesn't have any offense and the defense has soften as the season has gone on (giving up 80 points to South Florida).
    Last edited by Rocket_Fuel; 03-19-2005 at 08:08 PM.

This thread won.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Rocket, I wasn't around to say this before or during the game, but you gave UC less credit than everyone in the media, who were all picking them to beat UK. Were you just trying to jinx UK? It put you in a no-lose situation, you know.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    Rocket, I wasn't around to say this before or during the game, but you gave UC less credit than everyone in the media, who were all picking them to beat UK. Were you just trying to jinx UK? It put you in a no-lose situation, you know.
    I don't know if you can call it bragging rights with how bad UC is this year. Kentucky should have won by 20 points. It's not that I didn't give UC credit, UC is just not good this year and last night showed that. Kentucky pretty much dominated that game other then a short run by UC. Kentucky is just loaded with talent, this UC team has two MAYBE 3 good players, and even that is suspect. Now, UC is going to have a ridiculously loaded team next year and will rival Kentucky in talent so I won't be so down on UC if they matched up with UK then. But there wasn't a chance in hell that this year's UC team should have been on the same court as Kentucky and it showed. Kentucky has a great frontline, a great bench, a solid PG, a fantastic backcourt and a good offense and fantastic defense. UC has a small, thin frontline, no bench, a horrible backcourt, a horrible offense, and a nice defense. I'm seriously shocked that Kentucky let UC back in the game for a few minutes.
    Last edited by Rocket_Fuel; 03-20-2005 at 11:42 AM.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Fuel
    I don't know if you can call it bragging rights with how bad UC is this year. Kentucky should have won by 20 points. It's not that I didn't give UC credit, UC is just not good this year and last night showed that.

UC is definitely having a down year, but Huggins getting 25 wins this season out of the weak team that they are has to say something

He's a good coach, and the kids have a lot of heart -- regardless of the image that many believe them to have

The two schools need to make this game happen....

La Dolce Vita

Woo Hoo! Wildcats! Nice win!
    teach tolerance.

Post To Contact

It's a good night for us Briars

All I have to say is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! GO WILDCATS! UK has bragging rights for another 15 years!

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

Any chance that Huggins goes to UT?

Quote Originally Posted by RedRoser
    To me that seems to be a step down, at UC basketball is pretty much king, at UT, he's 3rd banana to football and the ladies team..also IMO the SEC is a tougher conference then the new big east
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    also IMO the SEC is a tougher conference then the new big east
    Im a UK fan, but I would rank the Big East ahead of the SEC for the depth of teams. The last two national champions(Syracuse and UConn) came from the Big East. Add in current teams in Notre Dame, Villanova, and WVU, plus Cincinnati and Louisville coming into the league, and they are a match.

Plus, the SEC is consistently UK with certain teams having peak years(this year LSU, last year Mississippi St, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Im a UK fan, but I would rank the Big East ahead of the SEC for the depth of teams. The last two national champions(Syracuse and UConn) came from the Big East. Add in current teams in Notre Dame, Villanova, and WVU, plus Cincinnati and Louisville coming into the league, and they are a match.

Plus, the SEC is consistently UK with certain teams having peak years(this year LSU, last year Mississippi St, etc).
    Ahh..I forgot the teams in the Big E that aren't in the football part..whoops

I think you forgot an SEC team there....
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I think you forgot an SEC team there....
    No I didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRoser
    Or he may go to the Cleveland Cavs to coach Labron James now that Paul Silas is fired.

Also, I don't understand why UC fans think that this wasn't the year to play UK. UC still won 25 games and was ranked in the top 25 all year. How is that a down year? Compared to what? I guess UC should only play UK when UC is ranked No. 1 and peaking in December and UK is having a "down" year. Let's face it...UC is second round material every year (including this year). Nothing ever changes in that regard. So how, exactly, was this not a good year to play UK?

Turn Off Ads?