Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Yet another Cubs pitcher hurt

  1. #16
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    13,440

    Re: Yet another Cubs pitcher hurt

    Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    I was thinking that Danny Graves might look good in a Cubs uni. :mhcky21:
    That was my first thought, too, until I realized they need a 4-week solution, not a season-long solution. Let's keep that idea in our back pocket, though.
    /r/reds

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,603

    Re: Yet another Cubs pitcher hurt

    Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    That was my first thought, too, until I realized they need a 4-week solution, not a season-long solution. Let's keep that idea in our back pocket, though.
    I'd say they need a season long solution. Borowski healthy is not a solution. The Cubs bullpen is screaming for forgetting the closer idea and finishing out games with their best reliever. For example, leave Hawkins out there for two innings instead of holding him back for the ninth only if they need someone to finish games out of the pen. Of course, many bullpens are screaming for putting their best reliever when the game is on the line, whatever inning that might be, when the starter needs help. But I imagine managers, including ours, will continue to put their second or third best reliever out there when the game is on the line while their "closer" sits and watches the game fritter away.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  4. #18
    Member SirFelixCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    5,929

    Re: Yet another Cubs pitcher hurt

    ESPN is now reporting that JB is out up to 6 weeks. Not just 3-4. While I know that noone here cheers injuries, not even to Bonds and such, but really, is anyone going to lose sleep over the Cubs and their fans having to endure a 90 loss season? :mhcky21:

  5. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    85

    Re: Yet another Cubs pitcher hurt

    Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans
    ESPN is now reporting that JB is out up to 6 weeks. Not just 3-4. While I know that noone here cheers injuries, not even to Bonds and such, but really, is anyone going to lose sleep over the Cubs and their fans having to endure a 90 loss season? :mhcky21:
    90 losses huh?

    If anybody is losing 90 its the Reds.

    You honestly think the Cubs will have more losses than the Reds?

  6. #20
    Member SirFelixCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    5,929

    Re: Yet another Cubs pitcher hurt

    Quote Originally Posted by scuba17
    90 losses huh?

    If anybody is losing 90 its the Reds.

    You honestly think the Cubs will have more losses than the Reds?
    Absolutely and would risk a wager as well on it.

  7. #21
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,317

    Re: Yet another Cubs pitcher hurt

    Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans
    Absolutely and would risk a wager as well on it.
    I'll bet you 25 bucks to the Jimmy Fund that the Reds lose 90 before the Cubs. :allovrjr:

  8. #22
    Member SirFelixCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    5,929

    Re: Yet another Cubs pitcher hurt

    To the Jimmy fund? Not sure what that is, but I will take your wager that the Reds finish ahead of the Cubs, this season.

  9. #23
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,317

    Re: Yet another Cubs pitcher hurt

    Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans
    To the Jimmy fund? Not sure what that is, but I will take your wager that the Reds finish ahead of the Cubs, this season.
    I'm wagering on the 90 losses, not placement... so if you want that 90 losses bet the winner gives 25 bucks to

    http://www.jimmyfund.org/

    If no one loses 90 games we'll each give ten.

    Because we're good guys.

  10. #24
    Member SirFelixCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    5,929

    Re: Yet another Cubs pitcher hurt

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I'm wagering on the 90 losses, not placement... so if you want that 90 losses bet the winner gives 25 bucks to

    http://www.jimmyfund.org/

    If no one loses 90 games we'll each give ten.

    Because we're good guys.
    I'm on board with that. And let's face it. We both want me to win

  11. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    princeton, nj
    Posts
    9,482

    Re: Yet another Cubs pitcher hurt

    this injury is Dusty Baker's fault

  12. #26
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,317

    Re: Yet another Cubs pitcher hurt

    Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans
    I'm on board with that. And let's face it. We both want me to win
    I'd happily lay out the $25 :MandJ:


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25