Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite 8-bit Nintendo game

Re: Your favorite 8-bit Nintendo game

Tecmo Bowl

RBI Baseball - The first game with real player's names on it! Plus, if you used the NL Allstars, Eric Davis was on there, and I always used to half swing his bat so it looked like his stance. It was totally RAD. And the music changed to a more dramatic style when you had guys in scoring position. It was awesome. That Tigers team rocked, but I could beat 'em with Houston. Love that team speed, baby!

Baseball Stars was cool too, because you could create players, and sign free agents and stuff.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Excitebike

Baseball Stars
    Final Fantasy
    Tecmo Bowl/Super Tecmo Bowl
    Super Mario Brothers 3
    The Legend of Zelda
    Mike Tyson's Punch Out

Loved the Nintendo.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Zelda
    Punch-Out
    Out Run
    Metroid
    SMB
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Nobody likes RBI?

What's WROOOONG with you people?! :MandJ:
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    Nobody likes RBI?

What's WROOOONG with you people?! :MandJ:
    Baseball Stars was far superior in my opinion. But I enjoyed RBI as well.

Super Mario 1 2 and 3
    Tecmo Super Bowl
    That weird baseball game..with 8 teams..I forget it's name
    Duck Hunt
    Top Gun
    Paperboy
    Go Gators!

Atari is weak. Same goes for anything pre-NES.

I'll go with SMB3.

Baseball Stars was the best, hands down.

Baseball Simulator 1.000 was a close second. You could hit splashdown homers into the water at Harbor Stadium more than a decade before they opened Pac-Bell Park.

I also liked the original Pro Wrestling -- Kin Korn Karn, Giant Panther, King Slender, and of course the oddly-named Amazon (who was not an Amazon warrior, but a dude in a piranha suit).

And the original Ice Hockey was really cool. You could customize your team with Fat/Slow/Strong players, Skinny/Fast/Weak players, or Average players. And the fights were really cool.

Those old NES games had a lot of cleverness, charm, and humor that has kind of vanished from the more involved games we have today.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Tecmo Bowl

there is no other

GL

Baseball Simulator 1.000
    Forgot about that game, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Tecmo Bowl
    Word, yo.

LT was the absolute bomb.

As were the Bears entire defense and Ronnie Lott.

But nothing compared to the Raiders-- Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson plus the long slant route.

Quote Originally Posted by Biitner Pill
    Word, yo.

LT was the absolute bomb.

As were the Bears entire defense and Ronnie Lott.

But nothing compared to the Raiders-- Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson plus the long slant route.
    In Super Tecmo Bowl I used to pick the Lions and see how many rushing yards I could get in a season with Barry Sanders. If I recall I generally maxed at around 4-5000.

Every kickoff I'd run to the one yard line and go out of bounds so that he could rush for 99 yards on the drive.

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Man, I remember playing Tecmo Super Bowl at all hours of the night. Guys like Thurman Thomas, Christian Okoye, Marcus Allen, and Bo Jackson were unstoppable. And who can forget the 50 yard drop and 100 yard *IN THE AIR* TD passes??? I can remember seasons in which I controlled David Fulcher to 60+ sacks.

As far as Basketball games, Double Dribble reigned Supreme, with the slow motion dunks!

For hockey, My game of choice was Blades of Steel... The only game with actual fighting. Allthough, Ice Hockey was always fun with loading your teams up with fat guys and bullying your opponent, or loading it with skinny guys to skate circles around your opponent.

I was always a 'Bases Loaded 2' kind of boy when it came to baseball, but I also enjoyed a game called Dusty Diamond's all star Softball.. It never really got popular, but it was sweet.

With racing games, RC Pro-Am was the way to go, but I also liked Excitebike. Making your own tracks was always fun.

Mike Tyson's Punch-out was an unbelievable game. I still play it to this day on my emulator.

I never fell for all the Zelda hype, Dragon Warrior was a far superior RPG.

And the best of the Mario games was definitley Super Mario 2

Man do I miss those days.... popping in the cartridge and pressing power, only to have the screen flash between screens of black and white, then pulling the cartridge out and blowing in it, sticking it back in, and if that didnt work, you stuck your finger in the side of the NES and and jammed the cartridge over to the side.

A staple of my generation.

I spent many hours playing SMB 1, SMB 3, Tetris, and Duck Hunt. All of those rock, imo.

Turn Off Ads?