Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Your favorite 8-bit Nintendo game

Re: Your favorite 8-bit Nintendo game

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds
    So, who actually still has their Nintendo system and their favorite games?
    That would be me. I also have my Super Nintendo, which is currently fired up with Tecmo Super Bowl. Gotta love the David Klingler led Bengals--what a fierce passing attack! :dflynn:

My favorite games for the NES are Tecmo Bowl, the Zelda games, Tetris, Dr. Mario, and the entire Super Mario Brothers series.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    RC Pro-Am
    Wow. My brother used to love that game ... and Excitebike!

Pinball was my era.

Anybody remember these games?

I loved that football game. Spent a lot of my pre-video game years playing that thing to death.

Even back then (elementary school years) I was such a stats junky then that I kept my own stats by writing them into a notebook.

I guess I was just ahead of my time because now all the games do that for you.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    Judging by your game picks, I bet we could have been great friends back in the day. providing we lived within a bike ride of eachother.
    We would have wasted each other in Arch Rivals for months on end.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

When I had tecmo super bowl, I tried every year to get the Cardinals good, only to disapointment.

You know how hard that is?

Now that I have emulators on my computer, the original is more fun. Just be the Bears and play as Mike Singletary, and get in front of the guy the ball is being passed to and it's an interception, every time.

And to answer the question, I had my system burn out just before I went to college.
    Luckily I never threw out my games.
    One of the main reasons I love my gf, is that she had her mint condition NES system and all her games good to go and she gave it to me, so now in my house I have my PS2 and my NES both hooked up with hers and my NES games. Anytime I'm feeling it I bust out Super Mario, Excitebike or Super Tecmo Bowl and have a entertaining little while.

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    We would have wasted each other in Arch Rivals for months on end.
    Man, When I was little, the movie theater in my town had a small arcade, and Arch Rivals was in it. What was cool was that there was a way for the vendors to tweak the programming in the game to rename the teams. So the teams in this machine were named after the high school teams in our area. It was always fun to go in and kick the crap out of our rivals, St. Marys.

This might be my favorite thread ever.

Cruisin' for trouble

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    One of the main reasons I love my gf, is that she had her mint condition NES system and all her games good to go and she gave it to me, so now in my house I have my PS2 and my NES both hooked up with hers and my NES games. Anytime I'm feeling it I bust out Super Mario, Excitebike or Super Tecmo Bowl and have a entertaining little while.
    If you don't marry this girl, I'm betting there will be many lining up to take your place. Having a Nintendo and allowing you to use it is one of the 5 basic credentials necessary for wifely consideration.

Any one remember Battle Toads? that game ruled. Baseball Stars was great, Remember the American Dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by 2844
    Anybody remember these games?

I loved that football game. Spent a lot of my pre-video game years playing that thing to death.

Raisor still has the football game.

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Bill Lambier's combat basketball!

Porkchop Sandwiches

This thread got me to dig out my Nintendo and play Baseball stars for two games straight...

only to lose my team to the depths of the NES ram.

Turn Off Ads?