Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Villian for Spidey 3

New Villian for Spidey 3

THC would make a great Eddie Brock, which means.....

VENOM~!

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...-CHURCH-DC.XML

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Thomas Haden Church, who was nominated for an Academy Award for best supporting actor in "Sideways," has been cast as Spidey's new archenemy in the next chapter of the "Spider-Man" franchise.

Director Sam Raimi made the announcement Monday along with producers Laura Ziskin and Marvel Studios' Avi Arad.

"Spider-Man 3," which is scheduled for release May 4, 2007, will reunite the team that was responsible for the first two blockbuster films, which combined to gross more than $1.5 billion in worldwide ticket sales.

The new film will again star Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, and Kirsten Dunst is expected to reprise her role as Mary Jane Watson. Production on "Spider-Man 3" is scheduled to begin early next year.

"In addition to the ongoing relationship between Peter Parker and M.J., these films are driven by the great actors who have brought our villains to life," Raimi said. "Thomas Haden Church will be a fantastic and challenging new nemesis, and we all look forward to working with him."

The filmmakers are not revealing the identity of the new villain.

Church is voicing one of the characters in the upcoming animated film "Charlotte's Web," and he recently appeared in Columbia Pictures' "Spanglish."

The actor's other credits include the films "George of the Jungle," "3000 Miles to Graceland," "Monkeybone" and "Tombstone." In 2003, he starred in, co-wrote and directed the comedy "Rolling Kansas." On the small screen, Church played Lowell Mather on the NBC series "Wings" from 1990-95 and starred on the 1995-97 Fox comedy "Ned and Stacey."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: New Villian for Spidey 3

Sideways was one of the worst Best Picture nominees I've ever personally seen, but Church was tolerable.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Different Strokes I guess.

I thought Sideways was terrific.

I did too.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I just couldn't stand the pretentiousness, and was annoyed that it was nominated for a Best Picture. Maybe my expectations were too high going in.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Porkchop Sandwiches

another possiblity: the Lizard

although at the end of spidey 2, there was a strong allusion to the appearance of the hobgoblin

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo
    although at the end of spidey 2, there was a strong allusion to the appearance of the hobgoblin
    Not to be a comic book weenie, but doesn't Harry become the Green Goblin II? I thought the Hobgoblin is some random dude who broke into Oscorp and stole the technology.

isn't lizardman Dr. Connors or whatever? Wasn't that the name of peter's teacher in Spidey 2?

Doc Connors is the Lizard. I think he had a cameo in Spidey 2.

I always kinda liked the fact that Venom was created from Spidey's symbiote suit. They could never write that into the 2-hour movie, though.

I just hope they don't go the way of the Batman franchise and try to throw as many villains as possible into each movie.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

There's also going to be a female villian, according to Chloe Sevigny (who's trying out for the part).
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Doc Connors is the Lizard. I think he had a cameo in Spidey 2.

I always kinda liked the fact that Venom was created from Spidey's symbiote suit. They could never write that into the 2-hour movie, though.

I just hope they don't go the way of the Batman franchise and try to throw as many villains as possible into each movie.
    I smell CROSSOVER!!

But seriously, they have put a lot of energy into conveying Parker's weakness, so the idea of a power hungry version of spiderman, one that would embrace the symbiote suit, isnt all that unlikely. As far as having spidey battle the lizard and venom, yeah it might be too much to handle. maybe Captain America might show up

Hey, wasn't there also some vampire named morpheus? IIRC, Church doesn't look too far off from him, I can almost picture it.

I could see the first ten minutes of the movie opening with Spidey taking on the Lizard as a way to jump start the film.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Ahh yes, the power of google. I have found someone obsessed enough to answer our villain questions.

The entire site is www.samruby.com

The vampire's name is Morbius, and Steve you were right, he does in fact become the Green Goblin II.

DANGER

Too many villains and we end up in Batman and Robin territory
    Go Gators!

There's also going to be a female villian, according to Chloe Sevigny (who's trying out for the part).
    The Black Cat?

Man, I hope not.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?