Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many 5 year olds ...

How many 5 year olds ...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...sb=9&o=14&vc=1

Good drunken debate from a few nights ago.

The question: How many 5 year-olds could you take on at once?

The specifics:

- You are in an enclosed area, roughly the size of a basketball court. There are no foreign objects.
    - You are not allowed to touch a wall.
    - When you are knocked unconscious, you lose. When they are all knocked unconscious, they lose. Once a kid is knocked unconscious, that kid is "out."
    - I (or someone else intent on seeing to it you fail) get to choose the kids from a pool that is twice the size of your magic number. The pool will be 50/50 in terms of gender and will have no discernable abnormalities in terms of demographics, other than they are all healthy Americans.
    - The kids receive one day of training from hand-to-hand combat experts who will train them specifically to team up to take down one adult. You will receive one hour of "counter-tactics" training.
    - There is no protective padding for any combatant other than the standard-issue cup.
    * The kids are motivated enough to not get scared, regardless of the bloodshed. Even the very last one will give it his/her best to take you down.

I set my magic number at 30, but upon reflection, I think I could take on a few more. How many could you take on?
    I think I could take 40. What say you?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: How many 5 year olds ...

Bwaahahahha. What a funny thread.

GL

I nearly spit my drink out on my monitor reading this. Great stuff.

Man.....

I could take on at least sixty of those little suckers.

Gimme a few High Lives and I'll tackle eighty of 'em.

See...I'm a better fighter when I'm loaded.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

let's see.....i'm 200 pounds, can bench 240...i'm trained in some Moo Duk Kwan, Tai Quando, Boxing, and Greco-Roman Wrestling...as well as a certified axe fighter...i'll have to go with 200 kids.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

I could whup me 13 Ravenlords too.

I wonder how many five year olds Jim Coombs could take?
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels

I wonder how many five year olds Jim Coombs could take?

Coombs could take them all out. He'd grab one of them by the ankles and use him as a weapon.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

For a Level Playing Field

Funny (in a strange way!) question.

Since I get to wear an athletic supporter with a cup inside, the most important thing in all of this in my opinion, I could take on at least 50 of the buggers. Make it 8-year-olds and I think the number gets cut in half at least.

Then again... the original "Home Alone" movie makes me wonder if I can take just one!

I think the biggest factor is really fatigue. Taking out 50 little kids would leave most people pretty tired I think.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Cruisin' for trouble

Depends on how recently I had been to a Chuck E. Cheese.

Whew, thank goodness! When I first read the title, I thought this was going to be another Jacko thread. Put me down for a baker's dozen....

The thing that amazes me is the fact that there was 39 pages worth of replies on that other board. That's nuts.

I think I could take out 40 to 50. Even though the kids get combat training, I can't see a 5 year old retaining that knowledge, let alone working together with other 5 year olds in order to use that combat knowledge. The one hour of counter-tactics training would be more than enough to thwart any attacks from the kids. Since I would get to wear a cup, I think the only thing I would have to watch out for is a shot to the back of the knee that could knock me off-balance before other kids jump in.

Those things have teeth. Just sayin'.

None

kids freak me out
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Turn Off Ads?