Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Gadhafi really has changed a bit it would seem from the outside.

Gadhafi really has changed a bit it would seem from the outside.

from http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/556115.html
    Libyan leader Muammar Gadhafi turned to the Palestinian delegation and said, "Don't be angry, brother Abu Mazen, but I think the Palestinians and Israelis are stupid." He said that Israel were wrong to try to hold on to the West Bank in the face of Palestinian attacks and Palestinians were wrong not to have set up their own state after 1948, and reiterated his call for a single state solution, "Israstine," for Israelis and Palestinians. "The solution I think is to have a single state. We cannot have two states," Gadhafi said, who noted that he is now the longest serving Arab leader.

He said that Prime Minister Ariel Sharon must be working for the Palestinians, "because he does things that get dozens and hundreds of Israelis killed" by Palestinians. Gadhafi shocked the Arab leaders by saying, "Terror is identified with Islam." He dismissed the argument that poverty is at the root of violence by Islamists, and put the blame on "oppression, injustice, arrogance, insults, contempt and the humiliation of this [Arab] nation."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Cruisin' for trouble

Re: Gadhafi really has changed a bit it would seem from the outside.

Gadhafi was replaced by aliens in the mid 90's. He may actually be the alien formerly known as "Elvis".

For a Level Playing Field

I wonder how many people have died b/c of this nut? In that regard he may not equal up to Saddam Hussein (in number killed), but he is pretty much cut from the same cloth in my book. One major difference though... he smelled the camel dung. He is making efforts to behave like a civil country w/ civil leaders. Saddam would not change. He was give many chances and many years to see the light. Hence, the light was cut off when he climbed into that spider hole after coalition forces drove him out of Baghdad.

I must say that Gadhafi is smarter than his former fellow nutty leader. Gadhafi saw what the future may bring. Saddam thought he was above it. Gadhafi probably still had visions of those U.S. F-111's laying waste to many of his places back around 1985. I give him credit.... he decided to be with us and not against us. All the same I'd trust him as far as I could throw a Scud missile. And I am sure we all feel the same.

This is the line of death! do not cross the line of death.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?