Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Voters' Remorse: WP: President Bush's Approval Rating, 45%

Re: Voters' Remorse: WP: President Bush's Approval Rating, 45%

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    And yet you reference one such article to start this thread to try and prove your point.

---------------------------------------

End-of-presidency job approval ratings are used by some pundits to forecast the odds of a President's being re-elected or getting a voter-initiated pink slip.

A USA Today/Gallup poll (adults, ME3%), taken 9-10 October, showed that 47 percent of American voters approved "of the way George W. Bush is handling his job as president" and 49 percent disapproved.

Compare that with the following chart. His father's approval rating was 56 percent, yet he was a one-term president.

http://uspolitics.about.com/library/...l_approval.htm

So it shows me just how much polls really tell us.

Notice I didn't copy the article because the text and "analysis" of the NUMBERS (which is all I posted) is often surface and stupid.

I trust polls more than the demographic analysis of a journalist. No offense to journalists. (Okay, just a little).
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    You do have the option of not posting in them.
    Notice the guy railing against dynamite's the one holding the match.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    You do have the option of not posting in them.

Yes, but I choose not to take that option, and I will continue to do so unless they are banned.

But that still doesnt mean that the threads belong here.

I mean, look at this thread. Someone starts it out with an un-backed and non-documented comment, complete with snide remark. only to recieve flack from other posters until he has to start digging himself out of the hole he dug. meanwhile, others are posting, and rambling on about how they feel, then the thread derails onto another topic completley, and everyone looks stupid!

what is the point?

If anything, I will keep posting on P-Threads in hopes that it will either help the mods realize that P-Threads are worthess and do not belong here, or that it will discourage folks from even starting P-threads.

But dont worry, I will stay within the rules and regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Notice I didn't copy the article because the text and "analysis" of the NUMBERS (which is all I posted) is often surface and stupid.

I trust polls more than the demographic analysis of a journalist. No offense to journalists. (Okay, just a little).

:MandJ:

keep digging.

:MandJ:

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    Yes, but I choose not to take that option, and I will continue to do so unless they are banned.

But that still doesnt mean that the threads belong here.

I mean, look at this thread. Someone starts it out with an un-backed and non-documented comment, complete with snide remark. only to recieve flack from other posters until he has to start digging himself out of the hole he dug. meanwhile, others are posting, and rambling on about how they feel, then the thread derails onto another topic completley, and everyone looks stupid!

what is the point?

If anything, I will keep posting on P-Threads in hopes that it will either help the mods realize that P-Threads are worthess and do not belong here, or that it will discourage folks from even starting P-threads.

But dont worry, I will stay within the rules and regulations.

I am reopening this thread because maybe we need to discuss this.
    Last edited by paintmered; 03-27-2005 at 09:14 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

For a Level Playing Field

I am curious...

Anyone reading this ever been asked their opinion in one of these polls?

I have never been asked. I have never missed a vote in my life. Surely only voters would count in these polls b/c non-voters should not have a voice in these matters. Obviously they don't care enough to try to change things in the only way possible. Flappin' your jaws or registering your opinion in a poll don't cut it. Who gets asked? We saw approximately 115 million votes for the presidency in 2004. So how many people get asked in these polls?

Polls are good for one thing... getting people to debate. Polls about our president don't mean a thing to me at this point. The only opinion that matters is the one that is counted every four years. USA Today, Zogby, Gallup... don't mean anything in regard to the highest office. Debate fodder... dat's all. Voters give their opinion when it matters.

But you seem to be sort of choosy in your posting... if ALL are worthless you should have something to say in each P-thread. Yet you seem to be the most vitriolic and prolific in threads that have a "liberal" slant. Try to keep true to your "civil duty".
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    But you seem to be sort of choosy in your posting... if ALL are worthless you should have something to say in each P-thread. Yet you seem to be the most vitriolic and prolific in threads that have a "liberal" slant. Try to keep true to your "civil duty".

First of all... Show me the last thread that was started with a "conservative" slant. Keep searching, we win with class.

Second, kindly show me as many "conservative" slanted threads that I didnt participate in as you can find.

After that, I will provide you with an identically long, or even longer list of "liberal" slanted threads that I also did not participate in.

I dont have time to respond to every single political thread that is posted on here.

I dont have time to respond to every single political thread that is posted on here.
    Well, so much for "civil duty"... :
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Que up Tom Jones/or Elvis

We're caught in a trap
    I can't walk out
    Because I love you too much baby

Why can't you see
    What you're doing to me
    When you don't believe a word I say?

We can't go on together
    With suspicious minds
    And we can't build our dreams
    On suspicious minds

So, if an old friend I know
    Drops by to say hello
    Would I still see suspicion in your eyes?

Here we go again
    Asking where I've been
    You can't see these tears are real
    I'm crying

We can't go on together
    With suspicious minds
    And be can't build our dreams
    On suspicious minds

Oh let our love survive
    Or dry the tears from your eyes
    Let's don't let a good thing die

When honey, you know