Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Should I have traded Bonds?

Should I have traded Bonds?

I'm in my first fantasy league and I missed the draft so the automatic-pick drafted Bonds for me. It was a pick I wouldn't have made so early and, well I was stuck with what I got because I missed it.

Figuring Bonds may miss half the season I decided to throw up a trade right away - Bonds for Kearns, straight up.

Am I an idiot for doing this?

Otherwise my offense is pretty great - Carl Crawford, Rolen, Konerko, Sheffield, and really, my heart wanted a few Reds (I'm attempiting a trade for DLo too).

Opinions and help needed! thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    thrilljam

Re: Should I have traded Bonds?

Given the unknown future for Bonds this year, I don't blame you for dealing him. You may have been able to get Kearns and a second player though, but I wouldn't call the trade idiotic. Hopefully Kearns will put up better numbers this year. Plus it's always fun to have guys from your favorite teams to root for.

Well the trade was vetoed. Everyone thought I we were pulling a fast one or something, apparently it was a stupid trade on my part. And I guess it was.

If Bonds sits all year, you look like a genius.

Take a look at my post...please Click here.
    Last edited by SirFelixCat; 03-28-2005 at 07:06 PM.

I'm in the same dilemma. My auto-picks gave me one hitter and it was Bonds. I'm crying in my coffee this morning.
    "I've never understood the term "women and children" as if their lives are somewhat more important than men."

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    I'm in the same dilemma. My auto-picks gave me one hitter and it was Bonds. I'm crying in my coffee this morning.
    And maybe we'll all be crying in our beer come august.

I think it'll work out ok for you.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Hard to give advice not knowing the parameters of your league. You can stash Bonds on a bench/DL spot, right? So it comes down to what kind of outfielder is available as a free agent, and your best guess of whether a half-season of Bonds and a half-season of a waiver pickup would beat a full season of whoever you could trade for.

As alluded to in another thread, though, people are too heavyhanded with the vetoes. I'd be willing to bet that the same people who blackballed that trade wouldn't give you anything better for Bonds themselves under the circumstances. I wouldn't be surprised if that theme is being played out in leagues everywhere -- "don't let the guy stuck with Bonds off the hook."

Turn Off Ads?