Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mozilla Firefox

Mozilla Firefox

I had Mozilla Firefox as my default browser, and really liked it over IE. But lately I have been having problems with it timing out and then saying it cannot find certain websites (such as Redszone). And I've never had problems with Firefox before. And I store all the websites I like to frequent in Firefox's Bookmark section.

I always keep Firefox's cache, history, etc. cleaned up; but I don't understand why I am all of a sudden encountering this problem.

Any suggestions.

I currently removed Firefox and I'm going to re-install it to see if that corrects the problem.

Are the periodic updates with Firefox? I have never updated it since I had it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mozilla Firefox

They update quite a lot, I had the same trouble as you at one point..uninstalling then reinstalling the newest version fixed it.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    They update quite a lot, I had the same trouble as you at one point..uninstalling then reinstalling the newest version fixed it.
    Thanks Krono. Do they update automatically, or is that something you have to do periodically on your own?

Doesn't auto update as far as I know..have to do it now and then on your own
    Go Gators!

Just downloaded it again. It seems to be working great again, so I'll see what happens.

It has an update feature that checks for updates. I think it shows up as a blue up arrow above the "Go" button when there is an update available.

I think Redszone gets hammered at certain times of the day, and that leads to the timing out issue. I get it from time to time. Usually just click the link again, or refresh and it comes right up.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    It has an update feature that checks for updates. I think it shows up as a blue up arrow above the "Go" button when there is an update available.

I think Redszone gets hammered at certain times of the day, and that leads to the timing out issue. I get it from time to time. Usually just click the link again, or refresh and it comes right up.
    I do, and yet I was still having problems. I just re-downloaded it, and it's working 100% better.

GAC,

Now after you experience and learn all of these various computer issues, don't forget us when we need help! :gac: :mhcky21:

I was having huge problems with Firefox; it was acting like IE does on my Windows machine if I don't stay on top of it. I switched to Safari and seem to be doing just fine. My guess would be that once Firefox picked up market share hackers immediately went to work. On top of that, antivirus firms are not too concerned with protecting Mozilla users from security flaws yet. I will be the first to admit my Mac is more secure than a PC in large part because hackers don't bother with our smaller market share.

Turn Off Ads?