Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Springer's Radio Show to Go National

Springer's Radio Show to Go National

Springer's Radio Show to Go National

By LISA CORNWELL
    Associated Press Writer

March 24, 2005, 12:27 PM EST

CINCINNATI -- More people will be able to hear trash TV host Jerry Springer under a deal announced Wednesday to take his radio program nationwide.

Springer's show will go live weekdays on the Air America Radio network beginning April 1. The liberal all-talk network currently broadcasts on 51 radio stations and on the Sirius and XM satellite networks.

Springer will be heard on about 45 of those stations initially.

"I said when I started the show that I am committed to making this radio program work, not only because I enjoy it, but because we need to hear progressive voices as well as conservative voices in our conversation today," Springer said in a telephone interview from Chicago.

New York-based Air America, which started up a year ago, includes comedian and liberal commentator Al Franken's show and another commentary program by Randi Rhodes.

The "Springer on the Radio" show, which began in January on WCKY-AM in Cincinnati, has expanded to other Clear Channel Radio stations in Cleveland, Detroit, Miami and San Antonio. Springer said the deal with Air America will not affect his relationship with Clear Channel.

Some observers have seen Springer's radio show as a springboard for the Democrat's possible return to politics in 2006, either in a run for governor or a Senate seat. He wouldn't say Wednesday whether he would run for office again.

Springer, 61, was elected mayor of Cincinnati in 1977 and made an unsuccessful bid for the Democratic nomination for governor of Ohio in 1982.

http://www.nynewsday.com/entertainme...home-headlines

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Springer's Radio Show to Go National

Good.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I'm guessing Springer's radio show differs from his tv show, since "you mother[bleep] [bleep], you slept with my [bleep][bleep] stepcousin? You [bleep][bleep], [bleep] good for nothing [bleep], [bleep] [bleep]! I'm gonna kick your [bleep]!!!" wouldn't translate real well to radio.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    I'm guessing Springer's radio show differs from his tv show, since "you mother[bleep] [bleep], you slept with my [bleep][bleep] stepcousin? You [bleep][bleep], [bleep] good for nothing [bleep], [bleep] [bleep]! I'm gonna kick your [bleep]!!!" wouldn't translate real well to radio.
    :MandJ:

Do ya think that his "Jerry beads" will work on radio too? I don't...

So... what is that Jerry guy gonna do on the radio to get attention and/or ratings?!!? Hmmmmmm?!!? I am thinking, I am thinking, I am thinking...?!!?

Hmmmm. Now I have got a headache.

Sorry, Jerry. What in "the name of that thing that weaker people than us elite people think controls the universe" are we gonna do? Should we ask Teresa and her "types"? Nah... the headache is bad enough already. Geraldine F. or Hillary got anything else to add to this... do not go there!!

Turn Off Ads?