Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Redszone's Most Missed Troll

Re: Redszone's Most Missed Troll

I celebrated the day de la Hoz was banned. Man I couldn't stand that guy. He was one of the all-time greats at belittling others and at personal insults of people he didn't think were as smart as himself, which was no one.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I celebrated the day de la Hoz was banned. Man I couldn't stand that guy. He was one of the all-time greats at belittling others and at personal insults of people he didn't think were as smart as himself, which was no one.
    The guy did eventually flake, but he was just "off" enough to be incredibly funny at times. Kind of like Andy Kauffman.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Don Cameron was the only poster who actually offended me, personally. He got nasty, racist and nasty, iirc. I think it was him.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    Was De La Hoz the one who kept mentioning obscure players from the past?
    I thought that was Phil Gagliano

I remember Richard Hand vaguely from the Fastball days, but his legend has always remained a bit murky to me. Didn't he run some kind of site created to "compete" with Fastball or something? Didn't he have some kind of weird agenda? Help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    I thought that was Phil Gagliano
    Same guy.

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Same guy.
    Its all clear now.

Little Red Wagon was Richard's baby. Fully transcribed notes of....um, something or other, I forget. Published in his basement. If you disagreed with him he cut you off his 'subscribers' list. (shrug)

Rem

He was always promoting his email newsletter, which he claimed many in the Reds front office were subscribing to.

On my Richard thread, I had a link to a board he posts on. He claims "celebreties" were its receipients.

Richard got a mention from Tony Jackson a couple of times on the second inning talks with Marty. I have no doubt that front office people and local "celebrities" subscribed to his newsletter.

It's too bad he had such a meltdown. He had a nice little niche carved out for himself.

But now we've got Chip doing the hot stove league reports. And he doesn't live in his mothers basement.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Forgot about Neil too, he ruined a map that either TC or creek had organized after he got banned.
    TeamDunn set that one up, if I recall.

I wonder how many of these guys were the same person with a new name.

Some of them are easy to pick out because of their writing styles.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Here, here.

There is another board that I've posted on before where that lunatic likes to roam.

He is so insane and hates Bowden so much that he actually used to have a Web page devoted to things he hated about Bowden.

Oh, and among many other things, he liked stealing comments from other boards, including this one from what I can remember. (This was when I still lurked here)
    He also hated Casey and Graves. Nearly got me banned from the AOL Reds message board. He would also take newspaper articles and edit them to suit his needs.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Miss? I don't miss any of them.

Personally, I could never understand why anyone gave these idjits the time of day. I saw their name on a thread and just skipped right by them.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?