Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Redszone's Most Missed Troll

Re: Redszone's Most Missed Troll

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    You guys should make that list public.

I'd like to see it.

It's one of the perks
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Really, I don't understand why it's not public. I think it should be for temporary suspensions too.

Otherwise, people don't always know where the line is drawn. You see people causing trouble, and if it's not made public that they're suspended, you might think it was overlooked.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I always thought that Don Heffner and De La Hoz were the same dude. I liked them both, but never saw the mean side you all are referring to.

Har Ecou was just plain annoying.

Who was the poster who used to say, "Griffey is not your savior"?

Was that Har?

Hefner and de la Hoz WERE the same guy.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    I always thought that Don Heffner and De La Hoz were the same dude. I liked them both, but never saw the mean side you all are referring to.

Har Ecou was just plain annoying.

Who was the poster who used to say, "Griffey is not your savior"?

Was that Har?
    Gallagher1 was the one that always said that.

Thanks, guys!

I also remember a post from Nux about leaving his favorite Reds seat cushion at the stadium and wanting us to keep an eye out for it...it was the funniest post, and everyone was taking it seriously...I had to wipe my eyes, I was laughing so hard.

There was also a NDRedsfan or something similar who used to post more trade rumors than anything...he'd say, "Do you think this trade has legs?" and the grammar was so horrible that people used to pick on the poor guy constantly. He didn't care, though, and he would apologize to the point where he won most people's hearts. That guy was a Reds fan.

And there was also the guy who called himself something like "RosieRedfan" and after every post by Rosiered, there would be a statement like "I couldn't agree with you more, RosieRed." It may have been someone other than RosieRed, but you get the idea.

The old Nux could be pretty funny in small doses. Whoever it was had some good wit and was a master at parodying some of our posters. I personally think Nuxie turned into several Nuxies and ruined the whole thing. Just my opinion.

Future Reds All Star TeamMorris's Avatar

As for in the past 24 hours...it will have to go to CBUS! As for me, he is not missed but it was fun watching him dig and dig after warnings thinking he was untouchable!

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Thanks, guys!

I also remember a post from Nux about leaving his favorite Reds seat cushion at the stadium and wanting us to keep an eye out for it...it was the funniest post, and everyone was taking it seriously...I had to wipe my eyes, I was laughing so hard.

There was also a NDRedsfan or something similar who used to post more trade rumors than anything...he'd say, "Do you think this trade has legs?" and the grammar was so horrible that people used to pick on the poor guy constantly. He didn't care, though, and he would apologize to the point where he won most people's hearts. That guy was a Reds fan.
    The original Nux was pretty great, I agree. But whatever he morphed into Nutholio de Nux or whatever turned into that guy at the party who doesn't make it to the toilet to puke. Totally out of control.

I'd sign a petition to bring back de la Hoz though. He was the best.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Really, I don't understand why it's not public. I think it should be for temporary suspensions too.

Otherwise, people don't always know where the line is drawn. You see people causing trouble, and if it's not made public that they're suspended, you might think it was overlooked.

I agree. No real reason to keep it private, IMHO.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer

I'd sign a petition to bring back de la Hoz though. He was the best.

Your sig would be cancelled then because I'd sure sign a petition to keep him off our airwaves. The guy was filled with bitterness. Really out there.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamMorris
    As for in the past 24 hours...it will have to go to CBUS! As for me, he is not missed but it was fun watching him dig and dig after warnings thinking he was untouchable!
    Eh? Did he get banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borkowski
    I agree. No real reason to keep it private, IMHO.

I believe the mods just don't want to embarrass someone, and I appreciate that sentiment. But I think it would be a very good deterrant if people could connect the crime and the punishment. Otherwise, people think the offending behavior can go unchecked.

I've never seen an instance of the mods banning or suspending anyone where they didn't bend over backwards to give them fair warning. In fact, if they ever make an error, it's ALWAYS in favor of the offender, IMO.

These guys do their best to keep it fair, and foster free speech. If someone gets banned or suspended around here, they've got it coming.
    ~ Mark Twain

Maybe all posters should be tested for steroids.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I couldn't stand de la Hoz. I didn't find him entertaining or humorous in the least. Anyone with a collection of Topps baseball cards or access to www.baseball-reference.com could do what he did.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?