Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Trio Removed From Bush Social Security Town Hall Over Bumper Sticker

Re: Trio Removed From Bush Social Security Town Hall Over Bumper Sticker

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    A bit of a tangent (and not implying one side or the other)...

What kind of a person goes to a political event to heckle? Do people think it is okay to heckle if that person is heckling the person that you will not vote for in the election? Does that person(s) heckling embarrass you b/c they are labeled as one of "your kind"?

Should there be stricter laws applied to those who heckle a public event? I would not have a problem with a stricter punishment for people who try to ruin a public event. I know... what is offically a heckler (as compared to that idiot who yells at the D-Rays games)?

Could the three people in this story have called the police and had something done about their wrongful ejection? Do the people running this event have every right to eject those that they feel are disruptive (again... disruptive is a matter of interpretation)? Or does a certain level of heckling (definition?!?!) need to happen before an ejection is appropriate? Who decides these things?

Personally, I'd like to b-slap each heckler. Regardless of their affiliation. They bother me and embarass me. They do things on their own freewill and give their fellow party members a black-eye. They feel that they have the right to do and say as they please. They do not care about others.
    I don't understand people who boo - but I think that might just be me.

And saying that, I agree with the heckling part as well - I don't understand it. Wearing a shirt, carrying a sign, asking for equal time, I get. But heckling is just rude. And I don't think it accomplishes anything.

As for this particular event - we don't have all the facts, that I agree with. But this is not a new technique employed by the Bush people, so I tend (as of this moment) to lean with the 3 people's stories side.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

Perhaps its things like this going on around the country that have folks antsy?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/04/....ap/index.html

Inside Politics
    Pat Buchanan doused with salad dressing

Friday, April 1, 2005 Posted: 9:48 AM EST (1448 GMT)

vert.buchanan.ap.jpg
    Pat Buchanan cut short an appearance Thursday after a student threw salad dressing on him.

KALAMAZOO, Michigan (AP) -- Commentator and former presidential candidate Pat Buchanan cut short an appearance after an opponent of his conservative views doused him with salad dressing.

"Stop the bigotry!" the demonstrator shouted as he hurled the liquid Thursday night during the program at Western Michigan University. The incident came just two days after another noted conservative, William Kristol, was struck by a pie during an appearance at a college in Indiana.

After he was hit, Buchanan cut short his question-and-answer session with the audience, saying, "Thank you all for coming, but I'm going to have to get my hair washed."

The demonstrator, identified by authorities as a 24-year-old student at Kalamazoo Valley Community College, was arrested and faces a misdemeanor charge of disturbing the peace. He was released on a $100 cash bond, pending his April 14 arraignment.

"He could have faced a felony assault charge, but Pat Buchanan decided to not press that charge," university spokesman Matt Kurz said.

Buchanan's visit had evoked controversy on campus because it fell on the birthday of the late Mexican-American labor leader Cesar Chavez. Buchanan favors tighter controls on immigration.

Kristol, editor of the influential conservative magazine The Weekly Standard and former chief of staff to Vice President Quayle, was splattered by a student during a speech Tuesday at Earlham College in Richmond, Indiana.

Members of the audience at the Quaker college jeered the student, then applauded as Kristol wiped the pie from his face and said, "Just let me finish this point." Kristol then completed his speech and took questions from the audience.

The student, who was not immediately identified, was suspended and could face expulsion following a disciplinary review, Earlham Provost Len Clark said Wednesday.

Clark also issued a written apology complimenting Kristol for his "graciousness."

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Yeah, I saw a clip of 2 morons trying to hit ann coulter in the face with pies as she spoke, funny thing is, they both missed, from nearly point blank.

Maybe if they would have been playing sports instead of smoking reefer and hugging trees in high school, they wouldnt have missed.

For a Level Playing Field

My guess... if someone hit one of these rabblerousers with a pie or salad dressing, they'd be running to their local ambulance-chaser looking to sue for millions of dollars.

I'd like to see him sit in jail for a weekend or two. Then it will take 8, rather than 6, years to complete his 2-year Community College degree. Put him in a cell w/ Sweet Bubba. Put Sweet Bubba's fav salad dressing on rabblerouser's naked body and let the punishment begin.

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    My guess... if someone hit one of these rabblerousers with a pie or salad dressing, they'd be running to their local ambulance-chaser looking to sue for millions of dollars.

I'd like to see him sit in jail for a weekend or two. Then it will take 8, rather than 6, years to complete his 2-year Community College degree. Put him in a cell w/ Sweet Bubba. Put Sweet Bubba's fav salad dressing on rabblerouser's naked body and let the punishment begin.

This post absolutley made my day... possibly my weekend!

Before i start... I lean conservative on economics, liberal on some social issues, conservative on others.

Just wanted to let you know where i stand.

So Cbus, if i borrow my cousin's car which has a bumpersticker on it that say don't blam me, i voted for Kerry, I am dressed appropriately for the event, walk in alone, am polite, do nothing out of the ordinary, i should be ejected right?

The minute, the very minute we are excluded from events because of thoughts or ideas, and not actions, we are at the beginnings of a police state.

and yes that can happen. the more slowly it happens the less likely you are to notice it too.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    The cases of screening at Bush rally's are well documented and plentiful and every time someone and blames it on the people who were kicked out. To which I say
    Both parties screen and have well scripted rallys.

Turn Off Ads?