Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trio Removed From Bush Social Security Town Hall Over Bumper Sticker

Re: Trio Removed From Bush Social Security Town Hall Over Bumper Sticker

Like RF said, if they passed through security then they shouldn't be a physical threat to anyone. So I think the real American thing to do would be to wait until they actually make some kind of disruption to remove them. You can't go throwing people out of events because of specualtion that they might be disruptive. Talk about un-American......
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

A bit of a tangent (and not implying one side or the other)...

What kind of a person goes to a political event to heckle? Do people think it is okay to heckle if that person is heckling the person that you will not vote for in the election? Does that person(s) heckling embarrass you b/c they are labeled as one of "your kind"?

Should there be stricter laws applied to those who heckle a public event? I would not have a problem with a stricter punishment for people who try to ruin a public event. I know... what is offically a heckler (as compared to that idiot who yells at the D-Rays games)?

Could the three people in this story have called the police and had something done about their wrongful ejection? Do the people running this event have every right to eject those that they feel are disruptive (again... disruptive is a matter of interpretation)? Or does a certain level of heckling (definition?!?!) need to happen before an ejection is appropriate? Who decides these things?

Personally, I'd like to b-slap each heckler. Regardless of their affiliation. They bother me and embarass me. They do things on their own freewill and give their fellow party members a black-eye. They feel that they have the right to do and say as they please. They do not care about others.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

awesome, someone keeps deleting my posts! I BET IT WAS A REDSFAITHFUL STAFFER!!!!
    Last edited by CbusRed; 03-31-2005 at 03:04 PM.

What kind of a person goes to a political event to heckle?
    People who feel their voice isn't heard. Where should they go?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    What kind of a person goes to a political event to heckle?
    Is there any evidence these people intended to heckle?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

What kind of a person goes to a political event to heckle? Do people think it is okay to heckle if that person is heckling the person that you will not vote for in the election? Does that person(s) heckling embarrass you b/c they are labeled as one of "your kind"?

Should there be stricter laws applied to those who heckle a public event? I would not have a problem with a stricter punishment for people who try to ruin a public event. I know... what is offically a heckler (as compared to that idiot who yells at the D-Rays games)?

Could the three people in this story have called the police and had something done about their wrongful ejection? Do the people running this event have every right to eject those that they feel are disruptive (again... disruptive is a matter of interpretation)? Or does a certain level of heckling (definition?!?!) need to happen before an ejection is appropriate? Who decides these things?

Personally, I'd like to b-slap each heckler. Regardless of their affiliation. They bother me and embarass me. They do things on their own freewill and give their fellow party members a black-eye. They feel that they have the right to do and say as they please. They do not care about others.

Well said, whether it is the "Blood for oil" people or the college republicans with their flip flops, these people are not there for rational discussion/debate, but to disrupt.

I agree. I think it would be rude if you wore a Candidate A T-Shirt at an event for Candidate B. That said, we do have freedom of speech in this country where as long as you are following the law you can say what you want. But I think it's in poor taste to heckle.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Like RF said, if they passed through security then they shouldn't be a physical threat to anyone. So I think the real American thing to do would be to wait until they actually make some kind of disruption to remove them. You can't go throwing people out of events because of specualtion that they might be disruptive. Talk about un-American......
    Do we blame, in this case, all Republicans? Do we blame President Bush? Do we balme Cbus b/c he is obviously Republican? Do we blame one over-the-top staffer at this event?

Do we wait for more information before passing judgment in this case?

any evidence they didnt intend to heckle? or that they werent heckling?

No, no! I want to wait for more information before judging anyone in this matter. I think one or a few "too smart for their own good" Repubs are responsible for this. But those three may have been making comments in the parking lot or elsewhere before the event (in their seats?). I am not sure b/c I do not have the whole story as far as I can tell.

Do we blame, in this case, all Republicans? Do we blame President Bush? Do we balme Cbus b/c he is obviously Republican? Do we blame one over-the-top staffer at this event?

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Reason #6 as to why these threads are pointless. most of the time its an article without enough info, and it leads to pre-judgement.

Really healthy.

I blame Bush b/c there is a recurring pattern of this type of activity, it's been widely reported in the press, and he hasn't (apparently) done anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    any evidence they didnt intend to heckle? or that they werent heckling?
    I have no evidence you don't plan on murdering someone. Let's throw you in jail. Same logic. Here in the USA, we don't convict people because we don't have evidence they won't commit a crime.

I have no evidence you don't plan on murdering someone. Let's throw you in jail. Same logic. Here in the USA, we don't convict people because we don't have evidence they won't commit a crime.

exactly. thank you for proving my point.

Who the hell cares who's to blame. If it's wrong, it's wrong.

Turn Off Ads?