Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Koran scholar says US will cease to exist in 2007

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Koran scholar says US will cease to exist in 2007

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...180248&apage=2
    Koran scholar: US will cease to exist in 2007
    By KHALED ABU TOAMEH

A thorough analysis of the Koran reveals that the US will cease to exist in the year 2007, according to research published by Palestinian scholar Ziad Silwadi.

The study, which has caught the attention of millions of Muslims worldwide, is based on in-depth interpretations of various verses in the Koran. It predicts that the US will be hit by a tsunami larger than that which recently struck southeast Asia.

"The tsunami waves are a minor rehearsal in comparison with what awaits the US in 2007," the researcher concluded in his study. "The Holy Koran warns against the Omnipotent Allah's force. A great sin will cause a huge flood in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans."

Silwadi, who is from the village of Silwad near Ramallah – the home of Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal – is not a world-renowned scholar. He said he decided to publish the findings of his research "out of a sense of responsibility because what is about to happen is extremely shocking and frightening."

His fear, he said, is that the world economy, which relies heavily on the US dollar, would be deeply affected by the collapse of the US.

"It would be fair to say that the world would be better off with a US that is not a superpower and that does not take advantage of weak nations than a world where this country does not exist at all," he added."The world will certainly lose a lot if and when this disaster occurs because of the great services that American society has rendered to the economy, industry and science."

Silwadi said his study of the Koran showed that the US would perish mainly because of its great sins against mankind, including the Native Americans and blacks.

"As soon as the Europeans started arriving in the new world discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1492, they declared a war on the so-called Red Indians, the legitimate owners of the land," he wrote. "Then they began enslaving and humiliating Africans after kidnapping them from their countries and bringing them to America. Millions of blacks were brought to the US and treated with unprecedented harshness. Those who became ill during the journey were thrown overboard to feed the fish."

Silwadi pointed out that the US continued to commit war crimes and "ethnic cleansing" against humanity by becoming the first country to use nuclear weapons during World War II.

"International law penalizes such crimes," he said. "If these laws were not applied then, they are certainly implemented in heaven. If no one on earth is capable of punishing [the US], Allah was and remains able to do so. All these actions have been documented by Allah in a big archive called the Koran."

Silwadi said he reached the conclusion that several suras (chapters) in the Koran that talk about punishment for those who perpetrate heinous sins actually refer to the US.

As an example, he quotes in his study verse 40 of the Spider Sura, which states: "So each We [God] punished for his sin; of them was he on whom We sent down a violent storm, and of them was he whom the rumbling overtook, and of them was he whom We made to be swallowed up by the earth, and of them he whom We drowned; and it did not beseem Allah that He should be unjust to them, but they were unjust to their own souls."

Drawing parallels between Pharaoh and the US, who share the same "sin" of arrogance and excessive pride, Silwadi noted that the Koran mentions at least 12 times the fact that Pharaoh was punished by drowning for his evil deeds.

The Narrative Sura, he noted, clearly suggests that the US will drown in the sea: "And Firon [Pharaoh] said: O chiefs! I do not know of any god for you besides myself; therefore kindle a fire for me And he was unjustly proud in the land, he and his hosts, and they deemed that they would not be brought back to Us. So We caught hold of him and his hosts, then We cast them into the sea, and see how was the end of the unjust [verses 38-40]."

Explaining his theory about the approaching extinction of the US, the scholar went on to analyze many numbers and letters mentioned in the Koran. He said a careful reading and analysis of words appearing in the Opening and Yusuf suras show that the US will exist for only 231 years. How did he reach that number? Silwadi said that by combing a number of suras hinting at US sins he reached the numbers 1776 (the year the US achieved independence) and 231. He added the two numbers and the result was 2007, the year when the US is expected to disappear.

In his lengthy study, which is being circulated in many Muslim countries, Silwadi noted that the US has often been compared to a tree that grows very quickly and bears fruit, but has no roots.

In an attempt to find a reference to this metaphor in the Koran, Silwadi said he counted 1776 verses from the beginning of the Koran until he reached verse 26 of the Ibrahim Sura, which states: "And the parable of an evil word is as an evil tree pulled up from the earth's surface; it has no stability."
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Koran scholar says US will cease to exist in 2007

I'm cancelling all my appointments after 2006.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Sweet! Time to max out the credit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192
    Sweet! Time to max out the credit cards.
    Thinking the same thing.

Let see if these guys are still considered "scholars" in a couple of years.

Silwadi said that by combing a number of suras hinting at US sins he reached the numbers 1776 (the year the US achieved independence) and 231. He added the two numbers and the result was 2007, the year when the US is expected to disappear.
    Well, you can't argue with science.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Ahh....... the Muslim Donut Theory.

For a Level Playing Field

This "scholar" needs to discuss this matter with time-traveler, John Titor. Good ol' John predicted Civil War here in 2004-2005 (oh-oh!). Then he predicted nuclear war in 2015. I think a celebrity death match between the two would be very enjoyable to most Americans.

Maybe this "scholar" can teach his people how to reach a means through peaceful measures. Not blowing yourself up and indiscriminately killing people around yourself. Not lies that there is a better world for you when you blow yourself up in an attempt to kill others.

I wonder if this "scholar" says these things b/c the Evil U.S. is friendly with the Evil Israel? Then the tsunami thing. Boy, where did he get that idea from...?!? Can he at least be more original? It might help sell his tale. Going to have to be large waves from many sides to cause the U.S. to "cease to exist".

The sad thing is that he throws that out there, but when it doesn't come to pass, which even if it did, the Koran would have as much to do with it as the Farmer's Almanac, no one will do a follow up story noting how the prediction didn't prove out. Happens all the time with the false prophets using the Bible to back up their spurious claims.

Also, apparently Christianity has some competition for "scholars" who try to apply vague prophecies to current affairs.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Let see if these guys are still considered "scholars" in a couple of years.
    The Jehova's Witness cult is doing okay numbers wise, despite the fact that they've unsuccessfully predicted the end of the world countless times.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Until I actually clicked on this thread, I thought it read "Korean Scholar". Man, I'm getting as bad as GAC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Sounds like the Jerry Fallwell or Rod Parsley of the Muslim religion.

Oh man, that only gives the Reds a couple seasons to win it all.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Until I actually clicked on this thread, I thought it read "Korean Scholar". Man, I'm getting as bad as GAC.
    I read it the same way at first! But never, ever, not in my life... did I think I was getting that bad, Chip.

cease to resist, giving my goodbye
    drive my car into the ocean
    you'll think i'm dead, but i sail away
    on a wave of mutilation
    a wave
    wave

i've kissed mermaids, rode the el nino
    walked the sand with the crustaceans
    could find my way to mariana
    on a wave of mutilation,
    wave of mutilation
    wave of mutilation
    wave

wave of mutilation
    wave

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Sounds like it's time for me to get that BMW 7 series!!!

Turn Off Ads?