Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Comedian Mitch Hedberg Dies

Comedian Mitch Hedberg Dies

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/11278099.htm
    Truely a sad day. Mitch was one of my favorite comedians, if not my favorite. He was one of the funniest men on the planet and there is no one really like him.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Re: Comedian Mitch Hedberg Dies

Very sad. Only 37-years-old. I checked an MTV story and his family has been told that he passed away due to a heart attack. In the MTV story they told the following...

Hedberg joked often about drug abuse, but in a recent interview, he said he'd given up smoking marijuana several years ago. "For 10 years, it was amazing, but then I had to give it up because it didn't feel as good," he said. "The audience thinks I'm stoned all the time and I have to write my material that way ... so sometimes, when they come up to me after a show and ask me to join them, I just tell them I'm an undercover cop."

According to an article published in the Los Angeles Times in 2003, Hedberg spent two-and-a half-days in jail, and six weeks in a hospital bed, following his arrest in May of that year for felony heroin possession. But Hedberg said he was arrested for "possession of paraphernalia and pills and things like that. My actual bust was minor. I got a misdemeanor. People used that bust to try and prove that I was busted for having, like, a kilo of heroin on me."

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Shocking...

Snaaap...

Oh man, that's awful.

He was one of my favorite stand-ups. Really a genius with his material, delivery, and stage persona.

One of my all-time favorite bits:

I want to be a race car passenger, so I can bug the driver.

"Hey man, why we always gotta turn left?"

"Hey man, can I turn on the radio?"

"Hey man, you must really like Tide."

Bill Hicks and Mitch Hedberg are gone, but Carrot Top and Gallagher still live. There is no justice in the world.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I never found him funny. Actually he annoyed me slightly. Not sure why,I think it was mostly his delivery. Sorry to hear of him dying though.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Way too young
    Go Gators!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Rice is great if you're really hungry and want 2,000 of something.

This shirt is dry clean only. Which means ... it's dirty.

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/popculture/

No matter how much I practice at tennis, I will never be as good as a wall.

I think foosball is a combination of soccer and shish kabobs.

An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. You would never see a escalator temporarily outta order sign, just escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience... we appologize for the fact that you can still get up there"

My friend said to me, "You know what I like? Mashed potatoes." I was like, "Dude, you have to give me time to guess. If you're going to quiz me you have to insert a pause."

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughnut. I don't need a receipt for the doughnut - I'll just give you money and you give me the doughnut. End of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario in which I would need to prove that I bought a doughnut. Some skeptical friend... don’t even act like I didn't buy a doughnut, I've got the documentation right here. Oh wait, it's back home in the file... under "D", for doughnut.

I had a bag of Fritos. They were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. H*ll yeah. Reminds me of summer time, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. 'Better flip that Frito, Dad. You know how I like mine.'

Yeah, I read that last night when I got in from a show...he was really talented and I agree with the thoughts of many who have already posted here that he was one of the really very smart and talented and FUNNY comedians on the circuit.

Say a prayer for his wife and family.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

"It's like X wasn't given enough to do so they had to promise it more...Okay, you won't start a lot of words but we will give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier. And incidentally you will start xylophone. Are you happy you ******* X?"

"I was walking by a drycleaner at 3a.m. and there was a sign that said Sorry, we're closed. You don't have to be sorry. It's 3 a.m. and you're a drycleaner. It would be ridiculous for me to expect you to be open. I'm not gonna come by at 10 and say, hey I was here at 3a.m and you guys were closed. Someone owes me an apology."

Turn Off Ads?