Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pope John Paul II dead

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Re: Vatican source: Pope given last rites

Quote Originally Posted by Red Thunder
    You need to grow up. Especially with your history to troll any political thread.

I have read all your posts in this thread but to me you still came across lacking sensibility.
    LOL, I see how it is, you think im a troll so you immediatley come in and bash all my posts. Just as I suspected... Someone trying to jump on the bandwagon.

Worry about yourself, not me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    Worry about yourself, not me.
    Heh. Wise words.

Might even apply to your crusade against political threads.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Cbus, if you wish to address someone personally, do it via PM. I don't want to see it anymore here.

RF, if you wish to respond to Cbus directly, do it via PM.

I'm sick of meaningful threads being derailed and I'm going to start deleting/editing posts if I see anyone attempt it.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Will do, my apologies.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Not a big fan of this Pope but I wish him the best. I grew up Catholic and the passing of Paul IV was a big deal and the passing of John Paul I was a shocker.

Personally I hope they get someone as good as John XXIII.

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    Whatever.

You didnt even address the one person who started the personal talk.

Craig, if you have a problem with my actions, PM me. This thread is not the place for it.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

WLW just said he has died.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Craig, if you have a problem with my actions, PM me. This thread is not the place for it.
    OK Dad!

Same to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    WLW just said he has died.
    I hope its not true, but if it is, R.I.P.

CNN is also saying he died.

RIP John Paul II.

Re: News agencies report Pope John Paul II dead

CNN.com has removed the banner. The banner said according to Italian News Media the Pope had died. CNN said they were working to confrim it.

That has been removed.

Rip if he's died
    Go Gators!

Some Media reports say Pope has died, others maintain ''He is Dying''

Some Media reports say Pope has died, others maintain ''He is Dying''
    No confirmation from Vatican
    Friday, April 1, 2005

There is confusion this afternoon at the Vatican. Some unconfirmed Italian media reports say the Pope has passed away, others say his electrocardiogram has ''gone flat,'' but there is still no official confirmation from Vatican sources.

Sadly, for Roman Catholics and others around the world, the end has been in sight for several hours, after Vatican spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls released the following medical bulletin:

‘ ‘The general conditions and cardiocirculatory conditions of the Holy Father have further worsened. A gradual worsening of arterial hypotension has been noted and breathing has become shallow. The clinical picture indicates cardiocirculatory and renal insufficiency.

The biological parameters are notably compromised. The Holy Father -- with visible participation -- is joining in the continual prayers of those assisting him.’ ’

Navarro-Valls also said earlier that the pope's blood pressure was unstable and that the Pope asked for the Holy Scriptures to be read to him.

The pope had a number of visitors earlier today, including the Vatican's secretary of state and several cardinals. Navarro-Valls said the pope remembered that today was Friday, the day he traditionally follows the ritual of the Stations of the Cross and he meditated on that ritual.

At 7 p.m. local time Friday, a Mass was being held in honor of the pontiff at St. John Lateran Church, delivered by Camillo Ruini, vicar of Rome.

‘ ‘ In this moment, he is more than ever our pope -- the vicar of Christ --- who livens us with his passion,’ ‘ Ruini said.

At the Mass Friday night, Ruini said the pope ‘ ‘is facing the most difficult test of his long and extraordinary life. He is living with that incredible serenity and he has abandoned himself to the hands of Christ, with whom he has always lived, worked, suffered and had joy.’ ‘

Italians, Catholics and the faithful the world over have been asked to intensify their prayers for the Holy Father in light of his declining health.

In another development, the papal press office issued a list of 17 new papal appointments, including bishops and archbishops, and a list of six archbishops who resigned.

The appointments and the resignations were previously approved by the pope, it said.

In Ottawa, Catholics attending daily mass at St. Patrick’s Basilica expressed mixed emotions. Some told CFRA News they knew the Pope’s death was imminent, and they felt extreme sorrow. But they also said he had done his duty in service to God and that his time on earth was ending.

It’s expected there will be extraordinary prayer services in the capital region this evening and through the weekend. CFRA News will broadcast that information as it becomes available.

http://www.cfra.com/headlines/index.asp?cat=2&nid=26462

Reuters has reported it

Didn't news reports already erroneously say he was dead just a few months ago?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?