Okay, here's the deal:

OF Corey Patterson
    RP Danys Baez
    SP Matt Morris

for

2B/3B/SS Juan Uribe
    RP Shingo Takatsu
    SP Greg Maddux

Who do you think is getting the better deal?

For what it's worth, the team receiving Maddux is weak on starting pitching but strong on offense. The other team is strong on starting pitching and speed but is dealing their only third baseman.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who's Getting the Better Deal?

Morris is a good bet to get hurt and if team one needs pitching that might be a good gamble. I'm not a patterson fan and if team one has more offense then grab the multi posion guy, you can never have enough IMO. The RP is somewhat a wash, but I like Shingo better.

Thanks for the input. I'm the team getting Maddux/Takatsu/Uribe, so that makes me feel better. According to Yahoo's rankings, the opposing team is getting the better deal.

thrilljam

I like Patterson, Baez and Morris better.

On paper, I do, too, but my justification is that Morris will get injured, Baez hasn't yet proven himself, and Patterson could very well get injured, too.

thrilljam

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf
    On paper, I do, too, but my justification is that Morris will get injured, Baez hasn't yet proven himself, and Patterson could very well get injured, too.
    Any player "could" get injured. Baez has proven himself more than Takatsu and Uribe has had 1 good year.
    Patterson is a 20-20, potentially a 30-30 player, and Maddux is on the decline. Morris plays for the better team, offensively and defensively, so he should pick up more wins.

I'm not saying it's a lopsided deal, but personally I would take the top 3 players over the bottom.

FWIW PECOTA had both relievers at 11 VORP Morris at 20 and Maddox at 28 and Patterson at 26 and Uribe at 18.

It's a pretty even swap, unless you need steals and lean heavy on counting stats in your league.

Turn Off Ads?