Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This can't possibly be true.

Re: This can't possibly be true.

It's not an argument, it's the FACTS.

Bill Clinton was there probably to provide cover for President Bush. Having Bush be with Clinton probably was a good move to have the Europeans think twice about hurling insults and protesting Bush while the much respected Clinton was there.
    Last edited by RBA; 04-22-2005 at 01:33 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

So if Carter had been included instead of Clinton would you be making the same claims ?

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    So if Carter had been included instead of Clinton would you be making the same claims ?
    What claims? That it was a political decision for Condi to pick up some Catholic/Chistian God fearing votes in 2008? YES!

And you know for a fact it isn't just because maybe Bush feels more comfortable making this trip with an advisor he trusts?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I kinda like the fact that we are sending the team of Bush Sr and Clinton as part opf that delegation. They're a heck of a team aren't they?
    I think they're joined at the hip these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I think they're joined at the hip these days.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

(1) If Pope John Paul II had died in 1993; (2) If the American delegation had been limited to five persons; (3) If the delegation had been made up of President Clinton, First Lady Clinton, Secretary of State Albright, former President George H.W. Bush and former President Jimmy Carter; and (4) If former Presidents Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and/or Roanld Reagan had then leaked to the press that they were upset about being excluded, I would expect the mainstream press would have said they were being "petty" and "self-centered." I would have agreed with that criticism, and I would have thought the delegation to have been appropriate.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    What claims? That it was a political decision for Condi to pick up some Catholic/Chistian God fearing votes in 2008? YES!
    Yes, religious, conservative voters everywhere are highly influenced by such shallow observations.

More than you would like to think base their votes on what a person stands for moreso than where they make appearances. There are plenty of sheep in both parties, but not enough to win an election, or even make a significant difference. For example, if sheep won elections, Kerry would have been a cinch. Fortunately, there were thinking people on both sides of the fence that saw through his political ploys to get votes. I would imagine Rice would experience the same problem if all she did was make political appearances.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

There are plenty of sheep in both parties, but not enough to win an election, or even make a significant difference. For example, if sheep won elections, Kerry would have been a cinch.
    Just goes to show you that both sides think the other is intellectually shallow.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Yes, religious, conservative voters everywhere are highly influenced by such shallow observations.

More than you would like to think base their votes on what a person stands for moreso than where they make appearances. There are plenty of sheep in both parties, but not enough to win an election, or even make a significant difference. For example, if sheep won elections, Kerry would have been a cinch. Fortunately, there were thinking people on both sides of the fence that saw through his political ploys to get votes. I would imagine Rice would experience the same problem if all she did was make political appearances.
    Are you calling people you voted for Kerry Sheep? Please explain?

To run for President you have to run in the primaries. Like it or not, people vote for people like them. If they didn't we would have a minority elected President by now. Getting the Catholic/Christian Conservative vote alone won't win you the presidency by itself. But it pays dividend to woo them.
    Last edited by RBA; 04-22-2005 at 02:15 PM.

Are you calling people you voted for Kerry Sheep? Please explain?

To run for President you have to run in the primaries. Like it or not, people vote for people like them. If they didn't we would have a minority elected President by now. Getting the Catholic/Christian Conservative vote alone won't win you the presidency by itself. But it pays dividend to woo them.
    I'm saying there are fewer than you think that would be wooed by such things, IMO.

As for your question, I'm not sure what you're asking. The "sheep" reference was for folks who would cast a vote for someone based on them showing up at the pope's funeral. Hope that helps clarify.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

So going to funerals of all heads of states is her job?
    Did she go to Prince Rainer's funeral?
    I see she selectively does her job as she did her previous job.
    Face it folks, this was a calculated political move. Nothing more.
    Going to state funerals is a small part of here job, when necessary, as a representative of this nation and our lead diplomat in foreign affairs.

The Pope had alot more influence over the citizens (i.e Catholics) of this country then Prince Rainer.

As RB stated - if this had happened during the Clinton adminstration and Secretary of State Albright went, would you be saying the same, or that it was not her place to be going?

But this will all be revealed in Micheal Moore's new movie - how the Bush administration, in order to boost Condi's chances in 2008, enlisted the help of the CIA and had the Pope poisoned, so as to create a diversion from Iraq and to help promote the image of compassionate conservatism within their policy of foreign diplomacy among Europeans, and thus improve relations.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC

But this will all be revealed in Micheal Moore's new movie - how the Bush administration, in order to boost Condi's chances in 2008, enlisted the help of the CIA and had the Pope poisoned, so as to create a diversion from Iraq and to help promote the image of compassionate conservatism within their policy of foreign diplomacy among Europeans, and thus improve relations.
    Now you've done it GAC! Can't you keep a secret!!!!
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Fortunately, there were thinking people on both sides of the fence that saw through his political ploys to get votes.
    For the life of me, I can't think of any.

It's now coming out that the impeachment of President Clinton was nothing more than POLITICAL payback for Nixon according to Henry Hyde. But the same people here who said this isn't POLITICAL are also the same ones that said Clinton's impeachment was not about POLITICS.

Turn Off Ads?