Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cruise help needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cruisin' for trouble

Cruise help needed

Hi all.

Now that the trip to Hawaii is done, it's time to start thinking about NEXT year. We think that we would like to go on a cruise and it looks like we are going to have lots of company. So far, between family and friends, we are looking at maybe 10-12 people going on this trip, which should make it a blast.

I need some help with a Caribbean Cruise, though. The wife and I took a cruise to the normal spots (Nassau, Grand Bahama, etc) and were a bit disappointed. All of the activities at each location were just crawling with people - I'm supposing that's the way of the cruise.

However, I like to get some info from anyone who has been on a cruise or knows someone else that has. Considering the wide range of incomes, we would like to keep this relatively inexpensive. Don't really have a preference as to which part of the Caribbean we go to though.

Re: Cruise help needed

I've heard the Alaskan cruises are fantastic.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Nassau is the Carribbean Gatlinburg. Head farther south to Grand Cayman or even Aruba. You can't take three-day $150 cruises to those places thereby cutting significantly the huge numbers of annoying tourists.

And as an added bonus, if you go to Aruba, Sidney Ponson might punch you in the eye.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?