Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft 2005 Approaching

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NFL Draft 2005 Approaching

Who do the Bengals take?

My pick is Luis Castillo(DT-Northwestern). He has been rising up the draft boards lately and would replace Tony Williams. Another possibility is Thomas Davis(S-Georgia).

Of course, if the Sharper signing falls through, then we could be looking at a LB.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Cruisin' for trouble

Re: NFL Draft 2005 Approaching

What is the deal with the Sharper signing? Are the Bengals really going to be able to pull that one off?

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds
    What is the deal with the Sharper signing? Are the Bengals really going to be able to pull that one off?
    Its between the Bengals and Seahawks right now. Seahawks are offering more money, but factor in Sharper playing under Lewis in Baltimore and that Sharper flies his family in from Florida to see him play, its favoring the Bengals right now.

Of course, you could say the same thing about Warren Sapp.

I agree in terms of this being the weakest draft(especially compared to last year). Although outside of Mike Williams, I do think Derrick Johnson is the best player available.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

According to John Clayton there are 4 teams still trying to sign Sharper.

Apr. 11 - Jamie Sharper's visit to Seattle went well, and contract talks are expected to heat up today, reports ESPN.com's John Clayton. The Bengals, Cowboys and possibly the Ravens are also pushing for the former Texans linebacker, who was released in a salary-cap move. Sharper is hoping to get $3.5 million a year in a deal. His consistent ability to make over 100 tackles a season makes him one of the best options on the market.

Seahawks sign Sharper to a 5 year $17.5 million deal.

"Sharper, who will get a $1.5 million signing bonus, visited the Seahawks last Thursday and Friday but left without a deal and was in serious discussions with the Bengals. When he was with the Ravens as defensive coordinator, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis coached Sharper. In the end, Sharper decided the money and opportunity to play in Seattle were the best. " - ESPN.com

Well, given Castillo has just admitted to steroid use, I dont think he is going to be worth a first rounder now.

Antaaj Hawthorne, another prospect, was caught as well.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I think this is the weakest draft I have ever seen. Mike Williams is the only player I like. I would like Clarett, but he is a naughty word.

Cruisin' for trouble

Clarett can be had for a buck-fifty and a diet coke after the draft.

I'd rather have the buck-fifty and the diet coke.

Traitor.

Mark it down, I think Clarett will be a Bengal. Sixth or seventh round pick.

That would not be a wise pick, OSU fans hate him and a lot of Bengal fans are also OSU fans
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    That would not be a wise pick, OSU fans hate him and a lot of Bengal fans are also OSU fans
    Reason I called him a traitor.

Why would the Bengals draft him?

So with Sharper, would the Bengals employ the now popular 3-4 defense?

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
    So with Sharper, would the Bengals employ the now popular 3-4 defense?
    I believe from what I've read that Nate Webster's health is in serious question, and that is why they are looking at Sharper.

Seems like Landon Johnson, Jamie Sharper, and Brian Simmons is what we are looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    I believe from what I've read that Nate Webster's health is in serious question, and that is why they are looking at Sharper.

Seems like Landon Johnson, Jamie Sharper, and Brian Simmons is what we are looking at.
    That sucks for Nate. He is/was a good player.

Turn Off Ads?