Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wash Post: Firebrand Conservatives Want Justice Kennedy Impeached... or Dead

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: Wash Post: Firebrand Conservatives Want Justice Kennedy Impeached... or Dead

Sad to see.

If there was any justice at all, the last decade would be called historically the "Kennedy Court" because, with apologies to Justice O'Connor, he's the most important justice on the bench right now

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wash Post: Firebrand Conservatives Want Justice Kennedy Impeached... or Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    The failure of the mainstream media to report on this is yet another example of its liberal bias, not. After its performance over the last few weeks it should be perfectly clear that the media does not want to offend the far right.
    I thought The Washington Post, a pillar of the mainstream media, just did report this, as it should have.
    I am concened about the hate rhetoric on all sides of the political spectrum. There is an "art show" at Columbia College near Chicago which features fake stamps showing President Bush with a gun pointed at his head-http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-axis12.html. Cafepress.com was featuring products such as shirts saying "Kill Bush." Last year, Charles Booker of The Guardian lamented: "John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr-where are you now that we need you."-http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1254928/posts
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Monsters.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Cafepress.com was featuring products such as shirts saying "Kill Bush."
    Cafepress features items made from literally anyone. They're a print on demand service.

Believe me when I say I could find just as bad from right wing cafepress shops.

And Free Republic? I would have really thought a hate website like that was beneath you RB.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Cafepress features items made from literally anyone. They're a print on demand service.

Believe me when I say I could find just as bad from right wing cafepress shops.

And Free Republic? I would have really thought a hate website like that was beneath you RB.
    I don't know anything about that website; I just wanted to post a source for the news item. I orginally read a portion of the article elsewhere-it originally appearred in The Guradian, a British newspaper, but I don't have a link to that paper.

I'm sure it did appear in the Guardian as an op-ed piece, and I agree that it was in bad taste.

The difference is that the Guardian writer has literally no power over American affairs and no sway over the opinion of Americans while the people calling for Kennedy's assassination actually have power over conservative's opinion and power within the Republican party.

I'm sick and tired of the old "you do it too" argument. Prominent Democrats don't go around saying anything nearly this dangerous or ignorant, and whenever they do say something questionable they get lynched by the media.

The hate rhetoric truly does concern me. Even if Edwin Vieira doesn't literally want to kill Justice Kennedy, or even if Charles Booker doesn't really want President Bush murdered, there are already enough crazy people out there who certainly need no "encouragement." I wish our political factions could disagree in a civil manner and could respect the integrity of those with whom they may have differences.

I wish our political factions could disagree in a civil manner and could respect the integrity of those with whom they may have differences.
    I agree completely.

I'm sure it did appear in the Guardian as an op-ed piece, and I agree that it was in bad taste.

The difference is that the Guardian writer has literally no power over American affairs and no sway over the opinion of Americans while the people calling for Kennedy's assassination actually have power over conservative's opinion and power within the Republican party.

I'm sick and tired of the old "you do it too" argument. Prominent Democrats don't go around saying anything nearly this dangerous or ignorant, and whenever they do say something questionable they get lynched by the media.
    I utterly and absolutely disagree with the final paragraph of your post. I had never heard of Vieira until this thread and I don't know that he has any power other than perhaps with some lunatic fringe.
    While the present chairman of the Democratic party hasn't advocated killing opponents, going around making public statements about "hating" Republicans and everything they stand for is hardly a responsible and civil statement.

I agree completely.
    Now I totally agree with you. Geez, I'm disagreeing with you, and while I'm typing you then post something I agree with-truce Okay?

Turn Off Ads?