Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Britney to be a mom

Britney to be a mom

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=664555

NEW YORK Apr 12, 2005 — Britney Spears has revealed what might be Hollywood's worst-kept secret: She's pregnant. In a posting on her Web site, Spears told fans that she and husband, Kevin Federline, were expecting their first child together. Her publicist, Sonia Muckle, confirmed the singer's pregnancy Tuesday but refused to provide additional details.

"The time has finally come to share our wonderful news that we are expecting our first child together," the singer said. "There are reports that I was in the hospital this weekend, and Kevin and I just want everyone to know that all is well. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers."

The couple were married in September. Magazines and tabloids have speculated for weeks that Spears, 23, was pregnant, documenting her expanding waistline and fuller figure, but she remained mum on the subject.

However, she has previously expressed a desire to start a family. In an interview with People magazine last fall, she said: "I want to be a young mom. I can see us as parents."

While this will be Spears' first foray into parenthood, Federline, 27, has two children with his ex-girlfriend, actress Shar Jackson. Spears and Federline met last year when he was a backup dancer on her tour and Jackson was pregnant with their son.

Spears wed Federline just eight months after ending a 55-hour Las Vegas marriage to her childhood friend, Jason Alexander. Her second marriage has provided endless fodder for tabloids, which have speculated that the union is in trouble prompting an angry outburst from Spears on her Web site last month.

Yet the couple have hardly hid from the limelight last week, the pair announced they would document their courtship in a new reality series on UPN. The network promised "exclusive, never-before-seen private home videos" of their "personal love story."

Spears' impending motherhood may be the ultimate indicator that the former teen princess is all grown up. Spears was cast as an innocent with a bit of sex appeal when she made her debut at 16 with the multiplatinum " … Baby, One More Time" and became a youth icon. As she grew older, her image got sexier, and more vampish.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Re: Britney to be a mom

I genuinely feel sorry for this child.

You and me both, Baumer.
    Last edited by macro; 04-12-2005 at 10:08 PM.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

People said the same thing when Madonna got pregnant. For the kids sake I am hoping she has put her wild days behind her and is really serious about this commitment...it is a bigger one than her marriage(s).

Madonna seems to have turned out to be a great mom!

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by TeamDunn
    People said the same thing when Madonna got pregnant. For the kids sake I am hoping she has put her wild days behind her and is really serious about this commitment...it is a bigger one than her marriage(s).

Madonna's like 60 though, not in her early twenties.

Cruisin' for trouble

If the child is a girl, what's the over/under on the age that Britney gets her a boob job?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamDunn
    Depends on perception, I guess.

Britney will be one hot mom

Oops. She did it.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan
    Britney will be one hot mom
    Perhaps she'll name her child "Stacy"?

If that joke sailed over your head, google "stacy's mom lyrics" (without the quotes).

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

All I can say to this news is ... MILF

Cruisin' for trouble

When the doctor told her she was pregnant, Britney had but one question.

"Are you sure it's mine?"

Turn Off Ads?