Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Skyline

72 66.06%
  • Gold Star

24 22.02%
  • Other - (Dixie, Empress, etc.)

6 5.50%
  • None - It's an acquired taste, and I never purchased it.

7 6.42%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Goldstar or Skyline?

Re: Goldstar or Skyline?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I worked there for a while even.
    Maybe that's why you don't like it. I used to work at BW3 in college and you couldn't pay me to eat the wings there after some of the stuff I saw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Goldstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan
    Maybe that's why you don't like it. I used to work at BW3 in college and you couldn't pay me to eat the wings there after some of the stuff I saw.
    BW3s are my favorite outside of NY.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    BW3s are my favorite outside of NY.
    I'll second the BW3 wings. My wife is from Western NY, so I've had my share of wings from the source, and BW3 is right up there with them. I've also developed a taste for Chiavetta's and Chicken Spiedies(sp).

Of course I recently came into a recipe for crock pot wings that is awesome.

Skyline wins in a close one.

Gold Star

(Although I think Skyline is better for chili spaghetti and Gold Star for coneys)

Plus, Gold Star wins all of the awards consistently.

Skyline > Empress ~ Goldstar

There are still Empresses around. 2 that I know of for sure. Goldstar is friggin' nasty. I'm surprised that the health team hasn't shut most of the ones arounf here down yet. Skyline has a good spicy flavor to it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190
    Skyline > Empress ~ Goldstar

There are still Empresses around. 2 that I know of for sure. Goldstar is friggin' nasty. I'm surprised that the health team hasn't shut most of the ones arounf here down yet. Skyline has a good spicy flavor to it, too.
    Skyline (and any of that chili in the tri stae area) is not what I would call spicy by any standard.

Just one mans opinion

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Skyline on Ludlow. Nothing beats it.
    Agreed. I pretty much grew up there.
    Stick to your guns.

I don't think Skyline is "spicy".

I think it's "flavorful". I think that is a more apropos description of it.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I don't like LaRosa's pizza at all. I never understood why people thought it was so good. I worked there for a while even. I hate how sloppy they are with it. I don't like tp eat pizza where the the sauce is running all off the side of the crust. I've been to pizza joints throughout the country and LaRosas shouldn't even be in the conversation, IMO.
    I love their pizza, mainly because of the sauce. It's my favorite thing about pizza, in general. Most places, particularly in the East are way more concerned with crust and cheese. The sauce is an afterthought.

I do agree with you that the care that individual LaRosa's take vary widely. The joint on Vine St. in Corryville has laughably poor service, and I can't imagine that the quality control on the sauce/cheese ratio is any good.
    Stick to your guns.

I love their pizza, mainly because of the sauce. It's my favorite thing about pizza, in general. Most places, particularly in the East are way more concerned with crust and cheese. The sauce is an afterthought.
    Did you just channel my wife?

I was there this past August with some old high school friends of mine who didn't live in the area. One of my buddies actualy bought two big tubs of Larosa's sauce from the restaurant.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

No offense to anyone who lives there, but the "East Coast/NY Style" pizza that I've had when I've visited that part of the country has been beyond disgusting. There is no sauce and the crust is flappy, tasteless and sickening. Not even the toppings are good. (Blah)

Anyway, LaRosa's is definitely not my favorite pizza(I don't hate it), although interestingly enough I think it is very good at KI(the amusement park for those who don't know it). It is better there than anywhere else.

My favorite pizza places are Papa John's and Donatos.

Skyline.

And sauce and cheeese are great, but if you get the crust wrong on a pizza you're disqualified in the good pizza argument (e.g. the preformed, frozen crusts that they use in Greek places can't be redeemed).
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?