Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you peruse Redszone?

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

How do you peruse Redszone?

I have been wondering how other posters go about checking out the threads on the forum. I am hoping to find out something about the forum that I didn't realize was available.

My method is pretty basic.

I have a bookmark straight to the baseball forum.

I have the threads ordered with the newest first. I find the oldest thread I have not read and then read them all. I utilize the << Previous Thread | Next Thread >>
    links at the top of the page to hit the next thread.

Something like this progression:
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33683
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...oto=nextnewest

GL

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How do you peruse Redszone?

I have the new posts button tabbed on my Firefox browser, hit tab brings up last posts since I was last on the site.

Like GL, I bookmark the BB forum and read everything that's flagged as new. Then I hit the other forums and repeat until I'm caught up.
    Makes all the routine posts.

I have bookmarked the baseball side as well.

I hit "new posts" at the top of the screen and see everything (in all forums) that are new since I last visited.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

One thing I would like AND I bet it would save bandwith is a NEW POST button that is forum specific. Thus not the frigging site is being searched and displayed when that button is hit.

I'd like to see just baseball threads in one list and just non baseball in another

I never knew that button even existed until now. You're right. It should be forum specific.

For a Level Playing Field

Mr. Old Fashioned here! I open the RZ homepage and go from there. No rhyme or reason (as some would say about my posts I am sure!).

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    One thing I would like AND I bet it would save bandwith is a NEW POST button that is forum specific. Thus not the frigging site is being searched and displayed when that button is hit.

I'd like to see just baseball threads in one list and just non baseball in another

I agree with this. I would like the "new posts" button at the top of the page to be forum specific as to what forum you are hitting it from. That would be super cool. I've always wondered why that option didn't exist. I'm sure it would save on bandwidth as well, but not sure if it could be implemented on vBulletin.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 04-20-2005 at 11:32 AM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Boss originally put up the << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> at the top and bottom of each page at my request. I love it, it makes it very quick for me to jump threads and get through the site in the least amount of time.

What would be super-neato would be links there that would take you to the next thread AND the first unread post of said thread. It would save tons of bandwith from my point of view as I click from thread-to-thread using those nav links and the first thing I do on the next thread is click "View First Unread".

Basically I want one click from any thread to the first unread post on the next thread.

Is there currently any way to pull this off by some user setting? If someone shows me how, its a $10 donation to Redzone from me.

Failing that, I'll become a full Gold-Member subscriber/donator if someone can get that hacked onto the forum for me.

<< First Unread Previous Thread | First Unread Next Thread >>

I'd think that this would cut the bandwith I personally consume roughly in half.

GL
    Last edited by gonelong; 04-20-2005 at 12:07 PM.

I just have it display threads with newest posts 1st, then I scan form there. My link is to the forums page. Most of the time I jump right to Baseball, but sometimes will look at Non-baseball or HOF. I don't view every "unread by me" thread. I judge by title/poster/preview whether to view.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

I have the main page bookmarked, when I arrive, I first open each forum in a tab, then open all new posts in tabs..then I read
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I have the main page bookmarked, when I arrive, I first open each forum in a tab, then open all new posts in tabs..then I read

Bandwidth sucker!
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

With my computer, har-har-har.

Randomly.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Bandwidth sucker!
    Not really, I'm gonna open them anyway..and I don't open them all at once, I wait for each to load :
    Go Gators!

ws1990reds

I do this:

1 - head to the bb forum and read the new/old threads that look interesting.

2 - head to non-sports forum

3 - (just started doing this) head to the Hall Of Fame forum

I spend WAY too much time on the internet as it is. Should I speak to Al Gore?

Turn Off Ads?