Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 93 years ago tonight...

93 years ago tonight...

RMS Titanic struck an iceberg in the North Atlantic and sank.

For those who are interested, there is a great Titanic exhibit now at COSI in Columbus. Numerous artifacts are on display and there is a knock-out recreation of the grand staircase and interior staterooms.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Post To Contact

Re: 93 years ago tonight...

Yeah, we've been running ads at the station for that Titanic display at COSI. I've heard really good reviews on it from the general manager who went with his family, as well as some listeners who won contests we've had giving tickets to it. I'd like to head out to it some time if I can get some time to head out there. Was it well worth it, Reds/Flyers Fan?

Very much worth it. I saw similar Titanic exhibits in Cincinnati and Las Vegas in recent years, but the one in Columbus is the best, by far. They have retrieved many significant items, including a section of the ship's hull which you can actually touch. Among the items salvaged are several wine and champagne bottles (still corked) which still have wine in them. According to the accounts that I read, since the bottles were already preasurized during packaging they have retained their integrity more than 2 miles below the ocean's surface. The champagne inside the bottles is still drinkable (though I think I'd pass).

Reds won that day 11-7 against the Pirates, they had just opened Redland the week before. IIRC Fenway opened the day after the Titanic sunk.

And Rem was born on this day.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    And Rem was born on this day.
    Wow

Old dude alert
    Go Gators!

Iceberg, straight ahead!

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Turn Off Ads?