Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Hot Corner

The Hot Corner

New sim league formating called the hot corner, about 2/3rds full. Draft will be a bid/auction style draft, so everyone has an equal shot at every player. No DH, No salary, keeper style league. 40 man roster(25 active/15 inactive) - at years end you protect 15 on active roster and 10 on inactive roster.

If you're interested, please PM me. Diamond Mind Baseball SIM experience preferred, but not necessary.

We hope to have the league filled by this weekend, and then start drafting on Sunday. We need more Reds fans!!!
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Re: The Hot Corner

Centralized or hands-on? Got a constitution I can look at?
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Re: The Hot Corner

Perhaps I should explain a little more:

There will be an initial bid sytle draft, rules are as follows for the auction:

-Each GM will have 5,000 dollars to bid with.
    -Rosters will be 40 players. 25 active, 15 minor league.
    -Each GM has a limit of 5 bids per guy.
    -All bids have to be whole numbers.
    -Each player will be open for bids untill 24 hours passes without a bid.
    -There will be no trading untill after the all players have been bid on.
    -Bids have to be posted as follows. (Team Bidding, Amount bidding, Bid #) on player.
    -Money can not be saved for future auctions.

GMs will use the 5000 dollars they have to bid on players on a case by case basis. Once you are locked in with a winning bid for a certain player the final bid amount gets subtracted from your remaining money. Also once the player is won through action the amount paid has no bearing on that player specifically, he is simply placed on your active/inactive roster.

It is encouraged that all money be used up during this draft process as remaining dollars will have no bearing on this league except for the fact that it will set the waiver wire position initially (the team with the most money left over gets 1st priority, etc.)

We are currently setting up the rules to the league and should have them posted in the next day or two. We are still tweaking some of them. At years end you will protect 15 off the active roster and 10 off the inactive roster, those unprotected will go into a draft to help competive balance.

We still have about 3-7 spots open, if anyone wants to join. As soon as we are full we will begin drafting. PM me if interested and I'll give you the website to join.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?