Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Any other Athmous Stomatitis sufferers here?

ws1990reds

Any other Athmous Stomatitis sufferers here?

All my life I've suffered from Athmous Stomatitis (mouth ulcers, or canker sores). Athmous Stomatitis isn't a "disease", it isn't a form of Herpes (Herpes Simplex only causes cold sores, even though doctors and www.google.com don't seem to get this right). It is believed that Athmous Stomatitis rears its ugly head during times of stress, due to irregular sleep habits, trauma to the mouth (cheek biting, tongue biting, brushing the teeth too hard, eating sharp foods) and food allergies. What I would like to know is if any other Reds fans here are Athmous Stomatitis sufferers. If so, how often do you get "canker sores", where do they appear, how long do they last for you before start to heal up? And, MOST IMPORTANTLY, how have you remedied these canker sores or gotten completely rid of them (if you discovered a food allergy, or came up with some other concoction). Right now I am using that "Stomastat" product, hopefully it will do something for me. It does look like a fraudulent product, since it comes in a huge plastic bottle, has a crappy-looking lable on the bottle, and basically tastes like salt water. Please share your "canker sore" stories, and what you're doing to battle those suckers! :dancingco

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Any other Athmous Stomatitis sufferers here?

So that what they are calling them these days... I usually get mine before and/or after having a cold/sinus infection [but not during]. They are the reminders for me that I'm coming down with an infection or just getting over one. Right now I have one in the front lower part of my mouth - it's almost healed up. As far as remedies go - I have none. I just roll with them. They are more of a nuisance to me because my tongue seems to be attacted to them.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

ws1990reds

Re: Any other Athmous Stomatitis sufferers here?

Yeap, they're "mouth ulcers". Makes them sound more scary. When I was a kid I was never told that I suffer from Athmous Stomatitis, just "canker sores". I don't even remember my mother saying anything about that. With the canker sores you get on your tongue, where on your tongue do they usually appear? Hope I'm not intruding here, I just find this interesting. Might be a good reason to pursue a biology-related degree, so I can come up with my own "cure". Do the canker sores on your tongue become a centimeter wide in diameter, or do they usually remain in pin-hole size for you (like a sore pimple)? How is your speech affected by the canker sores? Do your glands in your neck swell up. The one I have on my uvula right now is freakish-looking. It appears that half of my uvula is gone, I still can't get over how it's just....gone. It will take a miracle of God for the uvula to grow back to the way it was. It's as if the uvula turned into a blister that popped. Surprisingly it doesn't hurt that much.

Turn Off Ads?