Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Vote for a pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Vote for a pirate

"Voting for someone who wants to rid the campus of scurvy dogs is not really an effective way of having student government," sophomore Christopher Sanchez said.
    Obviously, Christopher Sanchez has never had a run-in with a scurvy dog. Them varmints are worse than coyotes I tell ya! Arrrr!

Post To Contact

Oh my gosh, I've SO been waiting for a thread to bust out my pirate talk on. I took Honors Pirate for a few years at the community college...

Ahoy, mates. I'll smartly have me some grog, provided tisn't from a scurvy dog or bilge rat. Ah, avast, me buckos, dead men tell no tales, especially if they've hung the jib on me. I must go for I need a clap of thunder... a corsair such as me cannot deal with the scallywag landlubbers much longer, who are hornswaggling after me booty. Tis they who shall walk the plank.

I apologize humbly for this post.

When I was in grad school a guy ran for Student Council president under the name Reverend Eleven and promised mock naval battles. His VP candidate promised free hair care products for all the students who don't naturally share his trait toward extreme beauty.

I'm still baffled as to why they didn't win. I voted for them.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

My senior year in high school, I was nominated for class president. We were all in the auditorium, and the guy before me stood up and gave a great little talk about school pride, tradition, blah, blah, blah.

I got up and said "If you elect me, I'll do my very best to get us out of as much class as possible", and I sat back down.

I won in a landslide, and I delivered.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

But '62, you didn't finish "the rest of the story"!
    See folks, after '62 became president, he tried to skip at least one class with each of the other 222 seniors at his school---one at a time. After he had accumulated his limit on unexcused absences, he was rewarded for his efforts by being permanently suspended from high school.
    When he says "and I delivered," he was obviously referring to the job his mamma made him get after being kicked out of high school---going to work for Dominoes Pizza while trying to earn his GED (or good enuff diploma, in the words of one of my former students who honestly did NOT know what GED stood for!) on the side.
    Man, school must've been fun back in the FIFTIES with you as class prez, '62!
    And that folks, is how some five to six years later, '62 became a Reds fan. He was making deliveries in the vicinity of Crosley field when a concessions manager took note of his speed and agility with the goods and signed him on the spot to become a Reds vendor.
    So, to make a long story shorter, if it wasn't for that clever campaign promise, '62 might have never become the lovable poster we now have here at Redszone. If he'd have remained in his seat that day during the Senior Presidential campaign, he would've graduated with a regular diploma and no doubt have gone on to lead a far less productive life as a lawyer, doctor, general manager, or what not.
    Attaway to think, kid!
    And now, you "NO" the rest of the story. Stay tuned for the next installment in the story of "62's his number. . .slacker is his name. . ."

From one senior class president to another, (only I was so good, I didn't even have to make a speech!) :

---'Roser
    Last edited by RedRoser; 04-03-2005 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRoser

From one senior class president to another, (only I was so good, I didn't even have to make a speech!) :

---'Roser

Yeah, that's just 'cause your parole officer wouldn't allow it.

:
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Yeah, that's just 'cause your parole officer wouldn't allow it.

:
    Actually we discovered years later that he was an undercover narcotics agent that suspected my campaign workers of drugging some of our seniors and using them as repeat voters. But, hey, I RAN A CLEAN RACE,man!

I never did get back those retractable knife pens we were giving away though.

---'Roser

So, to make a long story shorter
    Uh, it's a little too late for that. Nice edit, btw. :

Scurvy Dogs beware. He won!

http://www.wral.com/news/4378301/detail.html
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

The arrrr's have it!
    Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?