Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: President Bush may make pitch for commish job

Re: President Bush may make pitch for commish job

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Thanks for joining in on the conversation...glad I could find someone who loathes the guy but can see his passion for the game.
    He really impressed me at the Salt Lake City Olympics. He got tossed a question about his favorite Olympian, thought about it for a second and then tossed out Bobby Morrow (a west Texan who won the 100 Meters in 1956). Normally the guy's reciting canned lines when he's in front of a camera. You could tell this was genuine.

I also liked it when he sat with the athletes and wiffle ball on the White House lawn is a fantastic idea. On top of that he may be the best first pitch tosser ever.

Bush loves sport, there's no doubting that.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by johngalt
    I'm debating his merits as a baseball commissioner, not his merits as a President. His previous experience in a management/leadership capacity are relevant.
    Bush has made a career out of being underestimated...you'd think his opponents would learn.

Its ok...you dont have a vote in this one. lol

I'm debating his merits as a baseball commissioner, not his merits as a President. His previous experience in a management/leadership capacity are relevant.
    Exactly.

How can this be discussed without bringing up such things?

perhaps this entire thread should be moved to the other board...

I can't see him building a consensus between two disparate sides. You know, without having a large military behind it

(now there's an idea).

of course, I can't really see anyone doing it. The ideal candidate seemed to be Peter U., and that went absolutely nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    Exactly.

How can this be discussed without bringing up such things?

perhaps this entire thread should be moved to the other board...

It is.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    He really impressed me at the Salt Lake City Olympics. He got tossed a question about his favorite Olympian, thought about it for a second and then tossed out Bobby Morrow (a west Texan who won the 100 Meters in 1956). Normally the guy's reciting canned lines when he's in front of a camera. You could tell this was genuine.

I also liked it when he sat with the athletes and wiffle ball on the White House lawn is a fantastic idea. On top of that he may be the best first pitch tosser ever.

Bush loves sport, there's no doubting that.
    I have heard lots of people, both opponents and supporters alike say that the guy is really genuine. Its hard for someone to disagree with a man so strongly as johngalt does but to still leave open the fact that the guy he despises so much can still be a nice gentleman.

I have heard the same type of stuff of Bill Clinton and at one point, Jimmy Carter (before he lost his mind a few years ago...i think building houses was his forte).

I think I could sit in a room with Clinton and pick his political mind without makig it an ideological conversation, if that makes any sense.

No offense, but this was baseball related and rather light hearted until a certain poster decided to bring his faxed in talking points into the conversation... rediculous.

No offense, but this was baseball related and rather light hearted until a certain poster decided to bring his faxed in talking points into the conversation... rediculous.

I agree, but now that politics has been introduced into this, discuss away.

Just remember you are in the non-baseball forum jurisdiction now. The rules are a little tighter over here.

This is the new Redszone, strict rule enforcement. This is the only option we've got left to clean up the forums.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

I brought in Bush's history in a management capacity. How can you say whether he would be fit for another similar job without examining that history?

And both sides have faxed in talking points, bub.

Snide jabbing between members isn't going to be tollerated either.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

Bush has made a career out of being underestimated...you'd think his opponents would learn.

Its ok...you dont have a vote in this one. lol
    He's made a career out of getting people to help him overcome his limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    Snide jabbing between members isn't going to be tollerated either.
    Then enforce away....on both sides.

I brought in Bush's history in a management capacity. How can you say whether he would be fit for another similar job without examining that history?

He's already been called out because of it. There's no need for you to go back and bring it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    Lets stay on topic and not make this into a political thread.
    I think his qualifications and work expereince is very relevant in how he would do the job. Isn't it? Politics is his experience, so how can this not be a political thread?

Turn Off Ads?