Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 54

Thread: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,523

    Re: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

    Might file this in the Mountain out of a molehill file. I'm a New Yorker and I found it curious that I had heard nothing about this "incident". I did a quick search in the Times, the News and the Post- no report of this story. And believe me the Post lives for stuff like this. In addition, I've lived in NYC over 40 years and I've never heard of the "Brooklyn Skyline". Looks like this was just a fracas between kids that resulted in some cuts and bruises, the kind of thing that native New Yorkers tell me happened all the time when they were kids- the Italians beating up the Jews, the Irish beating up the Italians, and everybody beating up the blacks and vice-versa. Just one big melting pot folks.

    So for those of you that want to get indignant about people of color being treated differently than us white folks, you better find another story to complain about. And as for blaiming W, I've got plenty of other **** to blame him about, I don't need to come up with some fracas in Brooklyn. Of course there was Clinton's "COPS" program which was incedibly successful and made the City a lot safer until the Republican congress got rid of it but thats annother story.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    ws1990reds
    Guest

    Re: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

    Personally, I think that ANY racist person deserves to be locked up, away from society. That include all 30 of those pigs.

  4. #18
    The Mad Monk Jaycint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman

    So for those of you that want to get indignant about people of color being treated differently than us white folks, you better find another story to complain about.

    Wow, if you can't see the clear double standard in this country when it comes to incidents like this then I just don't even know what to say. I stand by my statement, if this situation were reversed it would be headline news.

    Look, I really don't even want to get into a big conversation about this so I'll just leave it at that. The way our society has been beat over the head with the PC stick it's a no win situation for me as a white guy to even have this discussion.

  5. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,523

    Re: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycint
    Wow, if you can't see the clear double standard in this country when it comes to incidents like this then I just don't even know what to say. I stand by my statement, if this situation were reversed it would be headline news.

    Look, I really don't even want to get into a big conversation about this so I'll just leave it at that. The way our society has been beat over the head with the PC stick it's a no win situation for me as a white guy to even have this discussion.
    You obviously don't know much about the New York Post. "PC"- just annother code word.

  6. #20
    The Mad Monk Jaycint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    You obviously don't know much about the New York Post. "PC"- just annother code word.

    You're right, I know nothing about the Post. I can't speak to one specific rag in a specific city. I'm talking about the overall vibe in the country with the PC comment. I'm assuming your point is that the Post would have jumped this story like a pack of rabid dogs and would have loved to call out the black kids as perpetrating a hate crime towards whites?

    My response is that in general a story like this in the vast majority of the media (not the Post specifically) gets swept under the rug because it doesn't feed the angle that only white people show hatred based on race and commit crimes based on race.

  7. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,523

    Re: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycint

    My response is that in general a story like this in the vast majority of the media (not the Post specifically) gets swept under the rug because it doesn't feed the angle that only white people show hatred based on race and commit crimes based on race.
    Give me an example to support your opinion. Give me an example of when a major crime (a felony) based on race was commited and swept under the rug by the media.

    I have given you an example of the opposite. On April 19, 1989, Trisha Meili, a 28-year-old white investment banker was violently assaulted while jogging in New York City's Central Park. In addition to being raped, she was beaten near death— when found, she was suffering from deadly hypothermia and blood loss, and her skull had been fractured. The initial prognosis of her physicians was that she would die or remain in a permanent coma due to her injuries, but she recovered fully, with no memory of the event.

    The crime provoked public outrage. Five teenaged suspects, all black, were identified as the assailants, tried, and convicted in 1990. Four of the men involved confessed to the crime, but later doubts involving possible coercion put those confessions into doubt. Nonetheless, the confessions were considered so damning that few doubted the men's guilt.

    This was the major tabloid story in New York in the early nineties. For months not a day went by when the Post or the Daily News did not have blaring front page headlines about the attack, the arrests, and the trials.

    However, in 2002, convicted rapist and murderer Matias Reyes, serving a life sentence for other crimes but not, to that point, charged for this one, declared that he committed the assault, and that he acted alone. DNA evidence confirmed his participation in the crime. There had been no physical evidence to connect the other five boys to the crime and their convictions were based on their confessions. Based on Reyes's confession, a judge exonerated the five defendants in 2002, though four of them, having been tried as juveniles, received shorter prison sentences and had already been free at the time. In other words the five were framed.

    Needless to say, the events in 2002, received only a minute fraction of the publicity that the 1989 story received, a fact that can be easily ascertained by a little internet searching. Indeed, I submit that while many Americans have heard of the Central Park Jogger, few realize that the convictions of her "assailants" were eventually overturned.

    I have given you an example of a Hate crime that was not only not swept under the rug but was in fact one of the major news stories of the last decade. When it turned out the story was wrong, that story was swept under the rug. I also suggest you goole "the Scottsboro boys" for annother example. Give me an example proving your point.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 04-19-2005 at 12:42 AM.

  8. #22
    Member The Baumer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,295

    Re: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

    In my opinion the punishment for crimes shouldn't be intensified by what the court thinks you're motive was. A crime is a crime and should have a standard punishment. When you start to guess someone's motive and decide who they are allowed to hate, then that can potentially be the first step towards the courts telling us who we can love or how we are allowed to think.

  9. #23
    The Mad Monk Jaycint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    Give me an example of when a major crime (a felony) based on race was commited and swept under the rug by the media.

    Give me an example proving your point.

    The very nature of my argument is that there won't be major coverage of it where a black on white hate crime takes place. So you are asking me basically to prove my point by disproving it with links to major news sources. I could provide you links to multiple stories all over the internet as well as cold hard statistics about crime rates but you would immediately call into question the source of the story or the website it is found on so what's the point?

    I'm well aware of the New York Jogger story by the way, it's a very tragic and sad story for all involved. Even more sad that the real perp decided not to let the truth be known before those innocent men rotted in jail for however long they did.

    What you seem to be arguing, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is that it's not possible for a black on white hate crime to occur. And even when one does it can be explained away to societal factors and 400 years of oppression, inequality, etc etc etc. Basically, whitey has it comin so don't complain when it happens and don't call it for what it is (black on white hate).

  10. #24
    The Mad Monk Jaycint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer
    In my opinion the punishment for crimes shouldn't be intensified by what the court thinks you're motive was. A crime is a crime and should have a standard punishment. When you start to guess someone's motive and decide who they are allowed to hate, then that can potentially be the first step towards the courts telling us who we can love or how we are allowed to think.

    I totally agree Baumer but the simple fact is that any time a black person is attacked by a white person the hate crime card gets pulled no matter how minor the offense and it just doesn't when a black person attacks a white. The story linked above is a prime example, how more blatant of an offense do they need than a group of black teens call 4 white kids "crackers" while they beat them up? Sounds like the authorities are scared to call it for what it is because of the uproar they would receive from the black community.

  11. #25
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,684

    Re: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

    all crime is hate motivated IMO.

  12. #26
    Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Posts
    8,413

    Re: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

    Has Drudge picked this up... I haven't seen it on his site...
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

  13. #27
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,760

    Re: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

    Give me an example...
    How many do we need to show? Did you hear about the one below? Or did the national media decide that it is not as important as say a "many-times convicted" person like Rodney King? Not that Mr. King deserved what he got (no, of course not). But I do know that King was not riding a city bus. I think he was fleeing from police thru residential streets at 90 mph. I think he was told be many officers to lay on the ground and he would not do it. Maybe police beating someone is more important to the media and people? I see it all as a human beating a human. Those cops were not charged with hate crimes, but we sure as hell heard that term when described by the media and people who defended Mr. King (the man with the rap sheet a mile long). Think racial hatred and violence does not work both ways? If so, then I doubt that anyone or anything will be able to convince you otherwise.

    Chao Xiong, Star Tribune (Minneapolis, MN)
    April 13, 2005 BUS0413

    Nine people have been arrested in an attack on a 15-year-old boy who was dragged from a Metro Transit bus, beaten and robbed before he was able to flee and get help.

    The ninth suspect was arrested Tuesday in the attack on the teenager, who was riding the bus from downtown Minneapolis through the North Side on April 2 when he was dragged off near 34th and Fremont Avs. N.

    The victim was punched, stomped on and kicked in the face, according to charges filed Monday against one of the suspects. Authorities said they expect that more charges will be filed this week against seven juvenile suspects and an adult suspect.

    Three charges were filed Monday against Markee L. Colquitte, 18, of Minneapolis.

    Colquitte was charged with first-degree aggravated robbery, kidnapping and third-degree riot.

    Some of the suspects have been identified as members of the Tre-Six Vice Lords street gang, said Mike Martin, regional commander of the Minnesota Gang Strike Force.

    That relatively small gang, made up of mostly juveniles and young adults, is suspected of committing robberies and assaults and trafficking in crack cocaine and marijuana in north Minneapolis, Martin said.

    According to the criminal complaint filed Monday in Hennepin County District Court, the victim boarded the bus at 7th St. and Nicollet Mall in downtown Minneapolis. Six to 10 young males in the back of the bus surrounded him and taunted him, making repeated references to his race (the victim is white, the suspects black). When the bus stopped at 34th and Fremont, they grabbed him and pulled him off, the complaint said. They punched and kicked the victim, breaking his wallet chain and fleeing with the wallet, which contained $17.

    He ran to a nearby convenience store and called 911. He suffered scrapes and bruises to his face, forehead, hands and back, the complaint said.

    Video surveillance from the bus shows the group dragging the victim onto the sidewalk, according to Metro Transit police.

    "It was outrageous," said Metro Transit police Capt. Dave Indrehus. "The victim in this case was totally innocent, had nothing to do with these parties."

    The video shows that other bus passengers did not try to intervene, Indrehus said. "Quite frankly, I don't know if I would blame them," he said. "You may end up becoming a victim yourself."

    The surveillance tape did not capture the bus driver's actions, he said.

    The driver called Metro Transit's control center to report the incident, said Bob Gibbons, director of customer service. He refused to divulge further details pending an investigation of the driver's and Metro Transit's handling of the case.

    Metro Transit's 1,600 drivers are trained to call for help on the bus radio, to protect the victim by pulling over and letting the victim or perpetrators off the bus, or to try to defuse altercations without harming themselves, Gibbons said.

    "They have to make that judgment, if there's anything they can do, shouting, honking their horn," he said.

    Gibbons called such altercations rare, and Metro Transit police said the bus line where the fight took place is not known for such problems.

    http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5344906.html
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  14. #28
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,051

    Re: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    all crime is hate motivated IMO.

    What about crimes of passion, crimes in which love/lust is also bound up within them?

    Hatred is a pretty specific emotion, it seems to me.

    Collateral victims in a bank robbery, say, aren't really "hated" by their victimizers, they happen to be in their way.

    So I would disagree, I think a lot of crime is not "hate" motivated.

  15. #29
    The Mad Monk Jaycint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

    Here's another example, one of many that don't get any play in the mainstream news:

    Black on White Hate

    ITHACA--A white female student assaulted Sunday night leaving the Nappy Roots and Ludacris concert at Cornell's Barton Hall told The Sun that she was the victim of a hate-crime, which left her with a ruptured ear drum and thirteen stiches on her face.

    The Cornell Police morning report noted that the police received a "complaint from a student that was physically assaulted by an unkown individual." The report indicated that the assault occurred at 11:47 p.m. and that the investigation is continuing.

    The incident, as described by the victim, began when the student had a minor altercation with another girl who was at the concert while the performace was still going on.

    "She said 'Get your white hair out of my face,'" the student said.

    After the student put her hair up to get it out of the way, the alleged assailant proceeded to hit her, at which point the student and her friends moved to the back of the concert space.

    When the concert was over, the student separated from her friends to get into her car and said she found herself surrounded by a group made up of five black females and one black male, who have yet to be identified.

    "They said they were gonna f**k up my pretty white face," she said.

    Allegedly, the incident turned physically violent when one of the girls slapped the student hard enough to rupture her eardrum, a blow which threw her off balance. The other five assailants proceeded to kick and punch her as she fell down.

    "They pulled a ton of my hair out," the student said.

    The six assailants stopped hitting the victim only when one of her male friends came out of the concert and stepped in.

    "If it wasn't for [him], I don't know how long it would have gone on," she said.

    The victim said doctors estimate it will take her eardrum a year and a half to heal.

    "This was a hate crime, and it shouldn't happen to another person. The more people know the better," said the victim's mother.

    The University is currently investigating the situation.

    "We take any sort of hate crime very very seriously," said Linda Grace-Kobas, interim vice president for communications and media relations. "We will thoroughly investigate all aspects of the incident."

    "I would encourage her to file a bias-related incident report," said Robert Harris, vice provost for diversity and faculty development. "We have a process and with a report we can begin putting that process to work."

    Once an incident report is filed, a University employee is assigned the case to assist victims in pursuing their situation, according to Harris.

    "It's really hard to live with this. I want people to know because I need to press charges. If anyone has any information, tell the police because [they] don't know anything right now," the student said.
    The examples that me and RFA1966 provided are just two of many...Why don't they get the same airplay on the major networks that White on Black Hate crimes do?


    Even More

    The court battle is underway to determine what tapes, statements and other evidence a jury will get to review when Wilbert Rideau has his 4th trial for murder. After a court ruling Thursday, prosecutors will be able to show several media interviews in the trial.

    KPLC has obtained excerpts of one interview first aired 23 years ago. It was 1981. By this time, Rideau had been convicted of murder three times and was serving his sentence at Angola State Penitentiary. He was interviewed by former Baton Rouge T.V. Reporter Jodie Bell. He talked about the killing of Julia Ferguson and the injuries of the two bank employees who lived.

    The reporter asked, "You didn't cut their throats? I was told you cut their throats."
    Rideau replied: "Yeah, one."
    Reporter: "You cut one?"
    Rideau: "That's the one who died."
    Reporter: "Why did you do that, rather than shoot that person?"
    Rideau: "I think I ran out of bullets."
    Reporter: "Okay, so you took four, you took three, shot two and killed the other one."
    Rideau: "Right."
    Reporter: "I know I've asked you a lot of questions, just interesting about why you would want to kill them when they hadn't done anything to you. I'm not in the right frame of mind to understand what you're saying."
    Rideau: "You have to understand what happened. Back then, like Billy pointed out, I was criminal. I needed to be locked up even before I committed the crime."
    Reporter: "How old were you when you did it?"
    Rideau: "Because I was dangerous. I was 19 years old. I had just made it. And aside from being criminal, back then I had to-- the fact that I hated white people added an extra dimension to the whole affair. I mean, you're not that concerned about the humanity of people you hate."

    Though Rideau was sentenced to die, he escaped the possibility of execution after state's death penalty law was thrown out by the U.S. Supreme Court. He talks about the death penalty in the interview:

    Reporter: "Should you have been executed for what you did?"
    Rideau: "Yeah."
    Reporter: "Why?"
    Rideau: "Because, if you have a law you gotta enforce it."

    Rideau also talks about life in prison being worse than death: "It's just another form of death. It's just that this one is more excruciating than the other because he's going to suffer for the rest of his life." By this time, Rideau was pleading his case for release from prison. In fact, he says the time he spent on death row gave him empathy for his victim. "It made me realize what my victim must have felt, because I did the same thing to her. I ignored her pleas."

    The Jodie Bell interview is one of three media interviews the defense sought to keep out of the trial. However, the judge denied the motion. Judge David Ritchie ruled to allow use of a written statement Rideau gave to the FBI in 1961, but defense will appeal to the Third Circuit. Both sides will be back in court at 9:30 Friday morning to continue hearings on pre-trial motions. The trial is set for October 25th.
    And more...
    Why are black leaders silent on black hate crimes?

    Their failure to denounce violence against whites, like the suburban Pittsburgh killings, cedes the moral high ground to white supremacists.

    By Earl Ofari Hutchinson
    - - - - - - - - - -

    March 06, 2000 | In the Pittsburgh suburb of Wilkinsburg, Joseph Kroll, a middle-aged maintenance man, was busily going about his repair duties in the apartment building where he worked. Joseph Healey, an elderly former Catholic priest, was enjoying a bite to eat at a nearby Burger King restaurant. Emil Sanitelevici, a physics student at the University of Pittsburgh, and two other men were eating at a nearby McDonald's restaurant.

    Then, in a moment of rage, Ronald Taylor gunned down Healey, Kroll and Sanitelevici and seriously wounded the other two men. These heinous killings almost certainly were racially motivated: Taylor is black; the three men killed and the two men wounded were white.

    But unlike after other hate crimes, no black leader or organization immediately rushed forth to vigorously denounce the shootings. There was no expression of outrage from black communities, and there was no demand that Taylor be harshly prosecuted under the federal civil rights hate crimes act if he shot the men because they were white. Worse, some blacks quietly shrugged off the killings with the bitter remark that whites have been killing blacks for years and getting away with it, and that there has been no massive explosion of white outrage at the lax treatment of white killers.

    The deafening silence by blacks on this apparent racial outrage against whites instantly drew shouts from some whites that blacks are hypocrites and have a double standard when victims are whites. They're not totally wrong. Black leaders and organizations should have quickly condemned the shootings. The victims of Taylor's rampage were innocents who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and were shot because they were white.

    Blacks must mourn these murders as passionately as they do those of black victims of white attacks and just as passionately call for the harshest punishment of the killer(s). The great strength of the civil rights movement was that it seized and maintained the moral high ground by never stooping to ape the violence of white racists.

    But the Taylor shooting spree is deeply troubling for another reason. While it is a grotesque and extreme example of racial violence, it is hardly an aberration. More whites than ever are the targets of racially motivated attacks by blacks. True, some of the attacks against whites by blacks are for their money and valuables. Others are revenge assaults by blacks for real or imagined racial insults. It is equally true that the vast majority of violent crimes against whites are committed by other whites, while the vast majority of violent crimes against blacks are committed by other blacks.

    Yet even after discounting crimes that are hastily and erroneously tagged as racially motivated, many blacks do attack whites because they are white. A Justice Department study in 1998 confirmed that nearly 20 percent of the hate crimes examined were committed against whites by black attackers. And the Southern Poverty Law Center has noted that black-on-white violence soared during the 1990s.

    A motley collection of white supremacists and rightist extremist groups has eagerly made black-on-white violence a wedge issue in their crusade to paint blacks as the prime racial hatemongers in America. Avowed white supremacist David Duke instantly screamed that Taylor's carnage proves that whites are under assault from lawless blacks and that the federal government won't protect them.

    The New Century Foundation, an ultraconservative think tank, has launched a full-blown national campaign to alert whites to the danger of hate crimes committed by blacks. It uses the issue of black hate crimes to rationalize and bankroll its research into alleged genetic defects among blacks. These groups and individuals relentlessly magnify black hate crimes to oppose affirmative action programs, stronger hate crime laws and various social programs; to downplay or justify the proliferation of white-supremacist-tinged paramilitary groups, police violence and racial profiling; and to lobby strenuously for more prisons and police and tougher laws. Black-on-white violence also reinforces whites' fears of blacks as the ultimate menace to society.

    The Taylor onslaught claimed innocent lives and caused monumental pain and suffering to the victims' families and friends. It dangerously heightens racial distrust and poisons racial attitudes. When blacks say or do nothing about these attacks, it is taken by some as a tacit signal that blacks put less value on white lives than on black lives -- a terrible price to pay for black silence on black hate crimes.
    Last edited by Jaycint; 04-19-2005 at 10:51 AM.

  16. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    3,416

    Re: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    What about crimes of passion, crimes in which love/lust is also bound up within them?

    Hatred is a pretty specific emotion, it seems to me.

    Collateral victims in a bank robbery, say, aren't really "hated" by their victimizers, they happen to be in their way.

    So I would disagree, I think a lot of crime is not "hate" motivated.
    This post really sums up why I'm opposed to "hate crimes". This "hate crime" legislation is on the books because some want additional punishment for what is thought to be the traditional racist crimes of majority upon minority. But by very definition then, the law treats the murder of innocent collateral bank robbery victims as lesser crimes. I can't buy into that. Tell that to a parent of a dead child who was not killed as a result of legislature-defined "hate". I want the death penalty for a racist pig who kills someone because they are a different color. And I want the death penalty for a bank robber who kills someone because they just happen to be standing in a teller line.

    The law should busy itself with penalizing horrible actions not branching off into a whole new wing of law trying to get to motivations behind actions.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25