Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

Re: 30 black teens attack 4 white girls in "non-bias" attack

It's nice to see people use Free Republic to back up their arguments. Lets you see where they're coming from at least.

And, of course Jaycint, your other two sources disprove your statement that these crimes aren't covered by the horrid, horrid mainstream media. Your second link is from a TV station and your third is from Salon. How do you define mainstream exactly?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    It's nice to see people use Free Republic to back up their arguments. Lets you see where they're coming from at least.

And, of course Jaycint, your other two sources disprove your statement that these crimes aren't covered by the horrid, horrid mainstream media. Your second link is from a TV station and your third is from Salon. How do you define mainstream exactly?

First of all I just did a google search on hate crime to get the stories I linked, I don't advocate Free Republic's ideology nor had I ever visited their website until yesterday when I did the search. Thanks for assuming "where I'm coming from" though, when you don't have any other supporting arguments it's always convenient to pull the "well you're a racist card". You don't know me and don't pretend to by making a thinly veiled suggestion that I'm some sort of racist because of the source of one of my stories. Let me ask you this though, does the fact that it was reported on that particular website mean it didn't happen?

My point by the way isn't that they aren't covered at all by the mainstream media, my point is that they don't get nearly the coverage that they get when the crime is commited in the other direction.

Shucks, just when the Rushcrowd was convincing me that us white guys were getting the short end of the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    Shucks, just when the Rushcrowd was convincing me that us white guys were getting the short end of the stick.

Believe me, I'm definitely not part of the "Rushcrowd". I tend to be liberal on more issues than not. My problem, as stated multiple times on this thread is the uneven way that hate crime stories are handled in the media. My simple statement, and I'll leave it at this is that not nearly the attention is given a story like this when it is a minority perpetrating the hate crime. I never said it doesn't get covered at all, note that point Redsfaithful, it's an important one. That's it, nothing more, no vast conspiracy, just a simple viewpoint. Thanks for the healthy debate guys, I'm through with it.

This thread has devolved to the point where I'm being called a racist and I simply won't stand for that. Wanting fair treatment for all of these stories doesn't constitute racism. It's easy to pull the race card anytime somebody wants to defend a white person's standpoint on an issue like this, takes a lot more to actually make a valid argument which you fell terribly short of Redsfaithful. So go ahead and jump back in here and slander me some more for everybody to see, I will take the high road and not bother responding. Accusing me of being racist was the easy and cheap way out of the argument and you jumped all over it.

Accusing me of being racist was the easy and cheap way out of the argument and you jumped all over it.
    When did he do that?
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Collateral victims in a bank robbery, say, aren't really "hated" by their victimizers, they happen to be in their way.
    Well Gee, that is really convenient.... "Sorry lady. I didn't mean to blow your brains out, but you were in my line of fire. I was aiming out these other people. Nothing personal."

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    When did he do that?
    I was referring to Redsfaithful, not Muta.

When he said this:

He knows good and well what he was getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycint
    I was referring to Redsfaithful, not Muta.

When he said this:

He knows good and well what he was getting at.
    IMHO, that's reaching - but to each his own....
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

IMHO, that's reaching - but to each his own....
    That's cool, everybody's entitled to an opinion, in mine he was saying "read between the lines". What else could he possible mean by "lets you know where they are coming from."?

For a Level Playing Field

Don't worry. If Jay had been here during that thing called the U.S. Presidential election... he would understand that this comment is laughable to a lot of members here. It sometimes felt like the RZ Non-BB Forum was a link to some of the most "L" web-sites out there. But that is expected during an election year.

Not pointing fingers or calling anyone a hypocrite, but they know who they are. Cocaine, affairs, DUIs, AWOL, illegal business deals, secret electronic devices on the president during debates, etc, etc... we saw them all last year. And the majority were copy-n-pasted from some of the most "L" sites out there.

So, Jay, take comments like this with a grain of salt. And never-ever-ever-ever feel bad about C-n-P'ing from Free Republic here. That shoe fits well around here. And until a new rule is posted about these things, C-n-P away friend. B/c that rule will be much harder for people other than yourself. Believe me!

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Don't worry. If Jay had been here during that thing called the U.S. Presidential election... he would understand that this comment is laughable to a lot of members here. It sometimes felt like the RZ Non-BB Forum was a link to some of the most "L" web-sites out there. But that is expected during an election year.

Not pointing fingers or calling anyone a hypocrite, but they know who they are. Cocaine, affairs, DUIs, AWOL, illegal business deals, secret electronic devices on the president during debates, etc, etc... we saw them all last year. And the majority were copy-n-pasted from some of the most "L" sites out there.

So, Jay, take comments like this with a grain of salt. And never-ever-ever-ever feel bad about C-n-P'ing from Free Republic here. That shoe fits well around here. And until a new rule is posted about these things, C-n-P away friend. B/c that rule will be much harder for people other than yourself. Believe me!

Thanks RFA, I guess I just don't understand a lot of the personalities on the board yet and from what angle they are coming from. Had I been around during the presidential election I'm sure I would have been involved in a few barnburners regarding that as well. I tend to be an excitable fella from time to time on certain issues and hopefully I won't rub too many people the wrong way.

No offense to anybody I've argued with on this thread, I just despise being pigeon-holed into any groups, and in this case I felt like I was being thrown into the ultra-right wing anti-minority racist category which is simply the furthest thing from the truth.

I'll bow out of this one for now, and again, no hard feelings Redsfaithful or Mutaman, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this issue. No harm in that.

Unfortunately, Jay - you've already marked your territory...
    Thanks RFA, I guess I just don't understand a lot of the personalities on the board yet and from what angle they are coming from. Had I been around during the presidential election I'm sure I would have been involved in a few barnburners regarding that as well. I tend to be an excitable fella from time to time on certain issues and hopefully I won't rub too many people the wrong way.

No offense to anybody I've argued with on this thread, I just despise being pigeon-holed into any groups, and in this case I felt like I was being thrown into the ultra-right wing anti-minority racist category which is simply the furthest thing from the truth.

I'll bow out of this one for now, and again, no hard feelings Redsfaithful or Mutaman, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this issue. No harm in that.

So go ahead and jump back in here and slander me some more for everybody to see, I will take the high road and not bother responding. Accusing me of being racist was the easy and cheap way out of the argument and you jumped all over it.
    FreeRepublic is a relatively well known hate site. It's kind of ironic that you'd post something trying to back up your belief in reverse racism from a site that's extremely racist. Go there sometime and see what they think about Palestinians, do a search. Or the French. You remember two summers ago when France had that heat wave that killed thousands? You should have seen the gloating on FR. Or the A-rabs. People post all the time about nuking the Middle East.

I could care less if you're racist or not and that wasn't the point I was trying to make. The point I was making was that the perspective you're approaching this issue on is obviously from the far right. Linking to FR backs that up.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Unfortunately, Jay - you've already marked your territory...
    Marked my territory??? In what way? Because I disagree with the viewpoint of another poster? Because I felt I was personally attacked by that poster and defended myself? Or because I don't necessarily fall in line with the popular way of viewing the types of issues that this thread was about?

I beg to differ with the argument that I've "marked my territory".

Redsfaithful, choose to believe it or not but I was completely unaware of what kind of website Free Republic was when I copied and pasted that story. I have no agenda here. I'm not pro-white, pro-black, pro-whatever. I simply think there is a double standard in stories like the one that this thread was started about.

It's kind of ironic that you'd post something trying to back up your belief in reverse racism from a site that's extremely racist.
    If the national networks would have found the need to pick up this story perhaps I would have come across their websites first when I googled about hate crimes. Pretty much proves my point about the levels of coverage a story like this gets as opposed to what it would be if the roles were reversed. By the way, is your position that reverse racism doesn't exist? The way you phrased that sentence about "my" belief in reverse racism would lead me to believe that you don't think it's even possible for a white person to suffer from reverse racism. If that's the case then we are both just absolutely pounding our heads into brick walls here and might as well not discuss the topic.

The point I was making was that the perspective you're approaching this issue on is obviously from the far right.
    And you're obviously approaching it from the far left.
    Last edited by Jaycint; 04-20-2005 at 02:52 PM.

Marked my territory??? In what way? Because I disagree with the viewpoint of another poster? Because I felt I was personally attacked by that poster and defended myself? Or because I don't necessarily fall in line with the popular way of viewing the types of issues that this thread was about?
    Yes, you felt personally attacked - so you went on the attack. Two wrongs, perceived or not, do not make a right. If you felt that RF was calling you a racist, you should go to the moderators and report it. They would issue him a PM warning. But since you're new here you got a bye - if RF did the same he'd be banned. You're best bet was to keep debating your ideas and ignore what RF said especially if you didn't know what he was getting at - heck, I didn't know what he was getting at!!!

Turn Off Ads?