Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Last post" threads to be closed

Re: "Last post" threads to be closed

RL, the reason why I "folded" is because the rule was implemented incorrectly, in my opinion. Money should not dictate someones ability to contribute. I think moderating the board more effectively can help this. We have also discussed other options in the HOF forum that can affect those who do not contribute without restricting their "voice", ie ads for non-subs. This seems like a more effective option to me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Rosie, again, this is an experiment to see what impact these threads are actually having on our bandwidth. We will never know this factor until we close the threads and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Needless to say, I will not be subscribing and wish I hadn't re-upped my subscription last week.
    I, too, am suddenly regretting re-upping last week. A big reason why I did so was to ensure that I could still post on the last person thread, without having the now-nonexistant posting limits to deal with.

I'm sorry you feel that way, Rosie. I honestly don't wake up in the morning trying to think of ways to piss people off.

Quote Originally Posted by GIK
    Rosie, again, this is an experiment to see what impact these threads are actually having on our bandwidth. We will never know this factor until we close the threads and see.
    And if you close the threads and it DOES solve your bandwidth problem ... great for everyone else. Bad for those of us who frequent the last person thread and come here mostly for that reason. And there is nothing we can do about it, apparently.

By the way, everyone, the significance is this: The site has used up 81.2953% of bandwidth so far this month (we're 60% through the month).

I'm sorry you feel that way, Rosie. I honestly don't wake up in the morning trying to think of ways to piss people off.
    I know you don't GIK. I know you're in a tough position, and I know you and Boss are trying to figure things out. I get that.

I'm just telling you how I feel about it.

Time is the Revelator.

GIK, visit this link: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...6&page=1&pp=15

Follow those tips and see if anything improves.

deleted.

turning off avatars would be one of the first things I would try.

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    And if you close the threads and it DOES solve your bandwidth problem ... great for everyone else. Bad for those of us who frequent the last person thread and come here mostly for that reason. And there is nothing we can do about it, apparently.
    When have Boss or I ever made decisions to maliciously hurt our members? We do this for fun, not for any sort of gain. We have always tried to listen to everyone. I have always welcomed contributions and expression on the site, welcomed emails and even have had a member or two call me on my cell phone.

Remember, I'm just another guy sitting behind a keyboard. I make mistakes too, but I've never tried to hurt anyone on here. This isn't a business, but don't you think that'd be a pretty bad way to run one?

Can we get rid of the picture forum as well?

All those pictures are hosted.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    turning off avatars would be one of the first things I would try.

we don't need no stinking avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Can we get rid of the picture forum as well?

All those pictures are hosted.
    I don't think that forum gets a ton of traffic.

Attached images/the ability to attach images is another huge load. Even thumbnailed.

When have Boss or I ever made decisions to maliciously hurt our members? We do this for fun, not for any sort of gain. We have always tried to listen to everyone. I have always welcomed contributions and expression on the site, welcomed emails and even have had a member or two call me on my cell phone.

Remember, I'm just another guy sitting behind a keyboard. I make mistakes too, but I've never tried to hurt anyone on here. This isn't a business, but don't you think that'd be a pretty bad way to run one?

GIK, we understand you have to you what you have to do and that's there no ill intent here.

But it still hurts.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?