Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dinosaur Jr. to reunite- tour this summer.

Dinosaur Jr. to reunite- tour this summer.

Dinosaur Jr. Schedule U.S. Dates

Zach Vowell reports:
    Anyone who sat through nearly an hour of Craig Ferguson cracking lame marijuana jokes to see the original Dinosaur Jr. lineup reunite on The Late Late Show last Friday should be properly prepared for whoever the **** opens up for our beloved indie rock behemoths in the coming months, be they good or yawn-inducing. Fact is, it doesn't matter what comes before J, Lou, and Murph; on Friday, they were comfortable together, and rockin' like those recent Merge reissues were fresh releases. With that in mind, you've got no excuse to miss their summer reunion tour, for which they've recently confirmed dates throughout the U.S. East and Midwest. They'll also play some festival stops and assorted shows in Europe, and the Fuji Rock Festival in Japan, where they'll share the stage will fellow oldsters Mercury Rev, as well as Beck, Max´mo Park, Queens of the Stone Age, Adrian Belew, the Bravery, and others.

What, your city's not on this list? Or, forget city, your whole half of the country isn't included on these tour dates? Don't panic quite yet, as both J Mascis' website and Merge's site indicate that these tour dates might not be the end all be all. Merge sez: "Stay tuned for more info, including if and/or when west coast dates are announced." It's probably one of those "let's see how we get along" type deals, so let's just hope things go as peachy as Frank Black and Kim Deal, okay? To cybernetically cement the reunion, the band even recently created dinosaurjr.com for an official source for everything Dino-related. Of course, stay tuned here as well, but here are the dates for now:

06-08 London, England - The Forum
    06-09 London, England - The Forum
    06-10 Donnington, England - Download Festival
    07-07 Orlando, FL - House of Blues
    07-08 Atlanta, GA - Variety Playhouse
    07-09 Norfolk, VA - The Norva
    07-10 Carrboro, NC - Cat's Cradle
    07-11 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
    07-13 Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory
    07-14 New York, NY - Central Park Summer Stage
    07-15 Boston, MA - Avalon
    07-19 Clevaland, OH - House of Blues
    07-20 Pontiac, MI - Clutch Cargo's
    07-21 Covington, KY - The Madison Theatre
    07-22 Milwaukee, WI - The Eagles Club (Rave Bar)
    07-23 Minneapolis, MN - The Quest
    07-24 Chicago, IL - Lollapalooza
    07-30 Nigata, Japan - Naeba Ski Resort (Fuji Rock Festival)

* Pitchfork Review: Dinosaur Jr.: Dinosaur / You're Living All Over Me / Bug
    * Pitchfork News: Dinosaur Jr. To Reunite,br> * Dinosaur Jr.: http://www.dinosaurjr.com/
    * J Mascis: http://www.jmascis.com/
    * Merge Records: http://www.mergerecords.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dinosaur Jr. to reunite- tour this summer.

Eyed it, dried it, untied it.
    Chilled it, spilled it, refilled it.
    Paste it, traced it, erased it.

Man Pills

She's my post(er) to lean on...

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    She's my post(er) to lean on...
    and I cut her down.

Just one show in Boston? That's going to be a mess. The Pixies sold out two stadium shows and could have kept selling out. Avalon's going to burst at the seams.

Also, wonder what they'll be playing. Will "Whatever's Cool with Me" and "Brand New Love" be on the menu or will it just be the first three albums?
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

I'm closer to the golden dawn
    I can't believe the wagon's gone
    It's history

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Just one show in Boston? That's going to be a mess. The Pixies sold out two stadium shows and could have kept selling out. Avalon's going to burst at the seams.

Also, wonder what they'll be playing. Will "Whatever's Cool with Me" and "Brand New Love" be on the menu or will it just be the first three albums?
    I saw Jay & the Fog last year and they did pretty much the whole Dinosour Jr. catalog.

I was flipping through channels on Friday and was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the band on the Craig Ferguson show. At first, I had no idea who it was -- J's hair is now white, and he's put on a few pounds. But after about 10 seconds of music, I nearly jumped out off the couch and screamed. I didn't recognize the song, but I recognized their familiar style. And J literally attacked his guitar during the solo. He was playing so hard it looked like he was trying to snap the neck. Man, they sounded cool.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Dinosaur Jr. used to be one of my favorite bands. Looks like sadly they won't be leaving the East Coast when they are touring though. Too bad.

Yeah, when I saw J last year it was amazing.

Josh, they're going to be adding more dates, so I bet they'll be down there too.

It's a good bet that they'll be near mountainous snowy areas should the tour extend into the winter.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

It's a good bet that they'll be near mountainous snowy areas should the tour extend into the winter.
    is J a skier?

I'd have to say he doesn't look too athletic.

market this. try to, i dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    is J a skier?

market this. try to, i dare you.

Jeffrey Tambor on "Arrested Development?"

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    is J a skier?

J isn't just a skier, he's a mountain god. Supposedly he split his time at UMass between playing his guitar and skiing. I believe he also insisted on filming the "Out There" video at Whistler so he could maximize his slope time.

J isn't just a skier, he's a mountain god. Supposedly he split his time at UMass between playing his guitar and skiing. I believe he also insisted on filming the "Out There" video at Whistler so he could maximize his slope time.
    Nice. I also hear that the girl he's whining about in all those songs is Uma Thurman.

Turn Off Ads?