Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft thread

Re: NFL Draft thread

The definite highlight of the draft for me so far was seeing PacMan Jones' jewelry. That giant diamond PacMan necklace he had was insane. His watch probably blinded a few people as well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed

I dunno about Smith number 1, he's a good QB, but I wonder about him in the NFL
    I like Smith. He's a smart kid and should be a good QB. He reminds me more of a Tom Brady type of QB - not the most skilled guy in the world, but won't make mistakes and will make enough plays to give his team a good chance to win.

Bengals select David Pollack.

Bengals select David Pollack DE from Georgia with their first pick. Pollack was a three time all-American with Georgia. I like the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    Bengals select David Pollack DE from Georgia with their first pick. Pollack was a three time all-American with Georgia. I like the pick.
    I like the pick too. Pollack is a big time player who brings versatility, a big time work ethic and intensity to this team.

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I wonder if the Bengals will keep him at DE. He looks like he might be a better fit at LB.

Got this from the Bengals website about Pollack.

Bengals tab versatile Pollack
    4-22-05, 3:45 p.m.
    BY GEOFF HOBSON
    After watching safety Thomas Davis end up in Carolina three picks before, the Bengals stayed with defense and chose Georgia teammate David Pollack with the 17th pick in Saturday’s first round of the NFL Draft.

The 6-2, 265-pound Pollack, a highly decorated end who was named the nation’s best defensive player and best defensive lineman, is versatile and athletic enough to play a couple of different spots for head coach Marvin Lewis. In fact, the Bengals have listed him as a linebacker.

His 36 career sacks from the end spot are a school record, but his times in the agility drills at the scouting combine rival those of a defensive back. He has been compared, at times, to Peter Boulware, a college end who became a Pro Bowl outside linebacker for Lewis when he was the defensive coordinator in Baltimore, and Lewis obviously thinks Pollack can make the same adjustment.

Lewis is always seeking work ethic and productivity and he’s getting both in Pollack, the first defensive first-rounder in the Lewis era. Pollack and Heisman Trophy winner Herschel Walker are the only players in school history to be three-time All-Americans. He reportedly stayed behind after being named the MVP in the last Outback Bowl with three sacks to continue workouts

ESPN’s Mel Kiper says: “You have to admire his intensity, work eithic, and natural pass rush instincts.”

Ourlads Scouting Services says: “Explosive, high motor, relentless player. . .Has the ability to shed offensive blockers and may be a linebacker projection like Tedy Bruschi.”

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc
    I wonder if the Bengals will keep him at DE. He looks like he might be a better fit at LB.
    Marvin says that they expect Pollack to play at LB and move to DE in pass rush situations.

Matt Jones goes at 21 to Jacksonville. I love it. He is a risk pick, but I was worried the Eagles were going to get him and if he becomes what I think he will (Antonio Gates) I am glad he is not in the Giants division.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Suprise of the day-Aaron Rodgers is still on the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Suprise of the day-Aaron Rodgers is still on the board.
    Green Bay is gonna take him right here.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

If Pollack is moved to LB, then I like it, if not, then I think its a regrettable pick. He doesn't have the size to be an NFL DE.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I'm not sure on Jones at 21 for Jacksonville, too much if a risk if you ask me.
    Go Gators!

Puffy called it, Aaron Rodgers to GB.

I bet Brett Favre is none too happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Puffy called it, Aaron Rodgers to GB.

I bet Brett Favre is none too happy.
    I bet Favre is real happy. He almost retired this past year, and no one is gonna push him out the door. So he plays for another year or two, retires and bang, Rodgers takes over.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?